Windows 10: Snip and Sketch Save/Copy/Share Buttons Not Working

Discus and support Snip and Sketch Save/Copy/Share Buttons Not Working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After making a Snip, the Copy button seems to have merged with the Minimize button. So, it won't make a Copy, it only Minimizes. The Share button will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BFFG1, May 10, 2021.

1. BFFG1 Win User

Snip and Sketch Save/Copy/Share Buttons Not Working

After making a Snip, the Copy button seems to have merged with the Minimize button. So, it won't make a Copy, it only Minimizes. The Share button will only Maximize. The Save button does nothing. I had to use the old Snipping Tool to get this screenshot. You can see how the button images overlap, but when the cursor touches them to revert to Minimize and Maximize. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Snip & Sketch.

:)

BFFG1, May 10, 2021

2. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, May 10, 2021
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Hi rgp1942

When you snip an area with the Snip and Sketch tool, do you then click the button indicated below at the top right of Snip and Sketch to copy the snip before pasting it into the Live Mail app?

Snip and Sketch Save/Copy/Share Buttons Not Working 54e8154d-232a-4955-a79b-fe6e06965b70?upload=true.png

DaveM121, May 10, 2021
  4. rgp1942 Win User

Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Of course. The image will paste fine into other programs. There is some property that is being set that prevents it from pasting in Live Mail. If I recopy it through an intermediate program, it then pastes fine into Live Mail. I would be happy to convert
    to Snip & Sketch if it weren't for this extra step in order to get a snip into an email. I want it to work just like the old Snip Tool does -- copy/paste works fine.

rgp1942, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Snip and Sketch Save/Copy/Share Buttons Not Working - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch Save

2. Snip and Sketch share button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch share button: Hi.Is it possible to include Teams as a destiny in the Snip and Sketch share button? Or is it possible to choose what programs are a destiny to a Windows app share button, if that's the case?Thank you....
  3. Snip & Sketch Copy Button changes to Minimize

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch Copy Button changes to Minimize: After making a Snip, the Copy button seems to have merged with the Minimize button. So, it won't make a Copy, it only Minimizes. The Share button will only Maximize. The Save button does nothing. I had to use the old Snipping Tool to get this screenshot. You can see how the...
  4. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  5. Snip & sketch app buttons not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & sketch app buttons not working: The skip and sketch app "new" button is non-functional. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-app-buttons-not-working/4e29007e-b41a-4acb-887c-5bdcd8c90c9f
  6. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG: I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my...
  7. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work: I am using the latest version of Win10. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work. When I Ctrl-V to paste into LibreOffice Writer, nothing happens. I can paste into Gmail, but even if I do that and then Ctrl-C that image and then Ctrl-V to LibreOffice Writer, all I get is a...
  8. Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working: When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping Tool, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, everything works fine. When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping&Sketch, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, nothing appears. I have to paste the image into MS...
  9. Snip and Sketch Share with Outlook

Snip and Sketch Share with Outlook: How can I add outlook to the snip and sketch tool so that we can mail with our default program rather than the built in windows mail tool? Are win32 apps excluded from snip & sketch? I don't mind the new tool but it should work with the ms business ecosystem and no push...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...