Windows 10: Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.

Discus and support Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On one of my systems, S&S pops up after capture, but on this one it simply disappears. I looked for a setting, but I don't see one that makes the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JonathanGross, Apr 18, 2020.

1. Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.

On one of my systems, S&S pops up after capture, but on this one it simply disappears. I looked for a setting, but I don't see one that makes the difference.

It does put it on the clipboard, but I don't want to open another app to process and save the image.

It used to work. What happened?

:)

JonathanGross, Apr 18, 2020

2. Snip & Sketch

I LOVED the Microsoft Snipping Tool. I understand that Microsoft did away with it and replaced it with "Snip & Sketch." While the concept to use it is the same, when I capture what I want as a "NEW" snip, it then appears simply as a blank screen within the
    Snip & Sketch app. I believe that the app says it copies the snip to the Clipboard, so I attempted to open up a Word doc and a Notepad doc and "Paste" but still nothing appears.

Please help!

Atty Laura R., Apr 18, 2020
  3. TTT
    TTT Win User
    Capture context menus in Snip & Sketch

In the built in Windows Snipping Tool, if you want to capture context menus that disappear when you move the mouse off of them, you can start a new snip, then press ESC, then expand your context menu, then press Ctrl-PrtScn to trigger a snip of your screen.

In Windows 10 when I open the Snipping Tool I am being reminded that I should use Snip & Sketch instead. But how do you capture the context menus in Snip & Sketch? (ESC then Ctrl-PrtScn does not work.)

4. Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.

Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.

1. Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture. - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch suddenly

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip & Sketch suddenly useless!

Snip & Sketch suddenly useless!: I've used Snip &Sketch successfully for as long as I've had W10. Today, suddenly, it stopped working when I use the Shift-Winkey-S hotkey combination. All I get is a thin yellow border around my whole desktop screen, and no S&S control panel (the small panel that gives all...
  6. Snip and Sketch capturing itself

Snip and Sketch capturing itself: Does anyone know how to stop Snip and Sketch from capturing itself in a screenshot? I take a lot of screenshots in my game using it and lately its been leaving me with a strip of green and white at the top of all of them. Example: [IMG]...
  7. Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image: Hello there, im having at issue with "Snip & Sketch". When i start the application, capture an area it just stores the file at "%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip" After that it just shows the empty Snip &...
  8. Snip and Sketch capture resolution

Snip and Sketch capture resolution: Is there a way to raise the resolution of screen shots I take with snip and sketch ? 165996
  9. Snip & Sketch is slow capturing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch is slow capturing: As the title says, Snip&Sketch has for some reason added a lot of delay between me pressing the key combo and it taking the picture on the screen, it worked just fine in win1903 but i updated to 2004 and it takes it's time for it, so i can't get the picture just when i want...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how come my windows screenshot disappears after snipping

2. snip and sketch wont work on one users profile on device