Windows 10: Snip and Sketch too no longer functions properly after windows updates installed Friday

Discus and support Snip and Sketch too no longer functions properly after windows updates installed Friday in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, I am a student and am required to use the snip and sketch app quite frequently. On Friday I decided to update the recent Windows updates and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SethqB, Nov 23, 2020.

1. SethqB Win User

Snip and Sketch too no longer functions properly after windows updates installed Friday

Hi there, I am a student and am required to use the snip and sketch app quite frequently. On Friday I decided to update the recent Windows updates and had no issues. I was attempting to use the snip and sketch app today but when I use the shortcut winkey+shift+s the regular snip app window pops up while I size the area I want to be snipped as usual but when I release the click, the snipped "frame" does not appear in the notifications window on the bottom rightwhere I can choose to save it to location, I'm not sure why it has stopped. I followed the instructions on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-tool-not-working/a22f2fb6-7fc8-4a17-a83f-c3542d011cfb , and although it does work when I try to just paste it ctrl+v to another doc, it still does not pop up as preview in the notifications window. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

-Seth

:)

SethqB, Nov 23, 2020

2. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having a flickering screen while using Snip and sketch on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see this behavior in any other application?

Meanwhile, let us try few steps.

Step 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Snip & Sketch
      app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Update display driver.

We would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 23, 2020
  3. John DeV Win User
    Unable to use Snip and Sketch(Snipping tool) in windows 10

Hello Shoban,

I'm John an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you. I'll be happy to assist you today. I understand you have a problem with Snip and Sketch not working properly. Did you made any changes recently? When was the last time it was working properly? What
    is your current windows version and edition? Press Start then search Settings, select System then About.

**Run the troubleshooter:

Select the Start button, and then select Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot, and then from the list select Windows Store apps > Run the troubleshooter.

**Please try to update Snip and Sketch app

Open Microsoft Store then Click 3 dots

Select Download and Updates

Update Snip and Sketch or click Get Updates

**Repair Snip and Sketch

Go to Settings and selecting "Apps and Features". Find "Snip and Sketch" in the list and select it. The "Advanced options" button should appear, click it. You will see the "Repair" button. If it doesn't work, Kindly click the Reset.

Restart your PC

Kindly let me know if this helps or if you have any further concerns.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Nov 23, 2020
  4. [Suejin] Win User

Snip and Sketch too no longer functions properly after windows updates installed Friday

Snip and Sketch

Hello johnbuck4,

I'm Jin, a fellow Windows 10 user and an independent advisor.

I can see that some features or functions in Snip & Sketch isn't working. Here's a similar thread to your concern, follow the steps provided by Vijay_Verma to troubleshoot the issue:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Kind regards.

[Suejin], Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Snip and Sketch too no longer functions properly after windows updates installed Friday - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch too

2. Snip and Sketch no longer working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip and Sketch no longer working: Snip and Sketch has all of a sudden stopped working correctly. When I open the app, it takes me to the Microsoft store win + Shift + snip doesn't work either. I have reset, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Is this a known issue? Any way to correct?...
  3. Snip and Sketch no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch no longer working: Snip and Sketch has all of a sudden stopped working correctly. When I open the app, it takes me to the Microsoft store win + Shift + snip doesn't work either. I have reset, uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. Is this a known issue? Any way to correct?...
  4. Snip and Sketch no longer working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip & Sketch too complicated for a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch too complicated for a screenshot: I need a way to save screenshots with one click. Pressing the PntScn key using the Snipping Tool used to store the screenshot instantly in the user's Screenshots folder. Snip & Sketch won't do that. Each screen shot requires selecting the whole screen icon, then going to...
  6. Snip & Sketch no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch no longer working: Windows 10, latest build.Trying to Win+Shift+s does nothing.Opening Snip & Sketch and clicking "New" results in a prompt suggesting that I need a new application to open an ms-screenclip link, but does not let me pick an application, only allows me to search the Microsoft...
  7. Snip & Sketch no longer working

Snip & Sketch no longer working: Windows 10, latest build.Trying to Win+Shift+s does nothing.Opening Snip & Sketch and clicking "New" results in a prompt suggesting that I need a new application to open an ms-screenclip link, but does not let me pick an application, only allows me to search the Microsoft...
  8. Windows snip and sketch function not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows snip and sketch function not working: I usually use windows+shift+S to take a screenshot but the function is no longer working. Nothing happens on the screen when I press the combination of keys. I tried resetting the function in settings but this made no difference. Is there another way to get this function...
  9. Snip & Sketch Partial Functionality

Snip & Sketch Partial Functionality: Hello, What dependencies does Snip & Sketch need to run? My issue: All the computers on our domain were having issues with Snip & Sketch. You can take a snip and paste it auto-copy enabled, but if you try to click the "copy" button after you had "drawn" on the photo...
  10. Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens

Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens: Hi. Long-time reader, first time poster. Snip & Sketch was working nominally up until sometime recently. That is to say it went something like this: • I'd press *Start+Shift+S and the screenshot overlay would appear • I'd capture what I needed (and curse aloud at the...