Windows 10: Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer

Discus and support Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I click on any picture on my PC, Snip and Sketch opens up. I have different app set up as a picture viewer. The only way I can use the default app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VladoHs, Feb 13, 2019.

1. VladoHs Win User

Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer

When I click on any picture on my PC, Snip and Sketch opens up. I have different app set up as a picture viewer. The only way I can use the default app is by right-clicking on picture and select Open with... then choose the default app from drop down menu. Anybody else have same problem?

:)

VladoHs, Feb 13, 2019

2. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Feb 13, 2019
  3. JimWynne Win User
    October Update Snip & Sketch Eraser Tool

You're wasting your time complaining about it (or offering suggestions) here. Use the Feedback Hub, which you can find in the list of apps on the Start menu.

JimWynne, Feb 13, 2019
  4. Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer

Snip & Sketch v10.1811.3471.0 ( - the latest version)

I've checked the link you provided; however, I changed the extension from JPG to PNG, saved a snip, closed 'Snip & Sketch', tried to save another snip but it again defaulted to JPG.

Ian Mosley, Feb 13, 2019
Thema:

Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer

1. Snip and Sketch took over as a default picture viewer - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch took

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. picture viewer default

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture viewer default: how do I change the default to view my pictures? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-viewer-default/4b8e5de1-77bd-4195-8669-5d5229acbcd4
  6. Snip & Sketch default file name

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch default file name: When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only? 171865
  7. Snip & Sketch default file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch default file name: When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only? 171865
  8. Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Snip and Sketch as a photo viewer?: Now that Snip and Sketch is the default photo application, is there a way to browse through my photos? I used to use the Photo Viewer, and it had 'next' and 'back' arrows to look through all of the photos in a folder. This new app doesn't seem to have that. I was going to...
  9. Event Viewer Took Over My Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Took Over My Computer: I would love it if someone were able to tell me why Event Viewer has sent thousands of events to God knows who, with data that you make impossible to read. I would also like to know why it has so invasively taken over functions of my computer. Before I go on, I can ensure you...
  10. Event Viewer Took Over My Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Event Viewer Took Over My Computer: I would love it if someone were able to tell me why Event Viewer has sent thousands of events to God knows who, with data that you make impossible to read. I would also like to know why it has so invasively taken over functions of my computer. Before I go on, I can ensure you...