Windows 10: Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working

Discus and support Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been using Snip and Sketch daily since it first replaced the Snipping tool. A week or two ago it stopped working - r rather it works once in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by IanCHC, Oct 15, 2020.

1. IanCHC Win User

Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working

I have been using Snip and Sketch daily since it first replaced the Snipping tool.

A week or two ago it stopped working - r rather it works once in a session then stops working. Windows shift-S launches it the first time after restarting my PC and I can snip but after that the hotkey just brings up and hourglass for a while with no sign of snip and manually running the app and pressing the on screen button doesn't work.

I have tried reset. I have tried remove and reinstall. I have run the trouble-shooter. I have followed the advice to re-register using PowerShell posted elsewhere - that seemed to fix it for a while - well for several snips in a row at least in the same session.

One thing that I noticed is that when I get it to run now it seems to put yellow borders around my 3 screens - I don't think it did that before.

The old Snipping tool does work.
    I am no Windows 2004 which I finally updated a few weeks ago but I think Snip & Sketch was working OK for some time fairly certain but I wasn't looking as it were.
    If I restart my computer I will get one "fire" of snip and sketch and then back to not working.
    I note that on an older locked thread some 700 plus people have said they have the same problem which makes me think this is an MS problem.

:)

IanCHC, Oct 15, 2020
  2. John DeV Win User

Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Oct 15, 2020
  3. snip and sketch not working

My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue.

PlanetBOFA, Oct 15, 2020
  4. JimWynne Win User

October Update Snip & Sketch Eraser Tool

You're wasting your time complaining about it (or offering suggestions) here. Use the Feedback Hub, which you can find in the list of apps on the Start menu.

JimWynne, Oct 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Snip and Sketch tool has stopped working - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch tool

2. Snip and Sketch stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch stopped working.: Today Snip and Sketch Win-Shift-S stopped working. It was working fine yesterday.Pressing WIn-Shift-S brings up the snipping tool and allows me to highlight an area to snip but when I do so, nothing happens. There is no way to edit or save the selected area.I use this...
  3. Snip and Sketch stopped working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch stopped working.: Today Snip and Sketch Win-Shift-S stopped working. It was working fine yesterday.Pressing WIn-Shift-S brings up the snipping tool and allows me to highlight an area to snip but when I do so, nothing happens. There is no way to edit or save the selected area.I use this...
  4. Snip and sketch stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and sketch stopped working: Win-Shift-S allows me to select a screen area to capture but nothing happens when I make the selection. This was all working as recently as yesterday. I did a shutdown and reboot to no effect.I use this often, so it is a big deal to me when not working!...
  5. Snip and sketch stopped working

Snip and sketch stopped working: Win-Shift-S allows me to select a screen area to capture but nothing happens when I make the selection. This was all working as recently as yesterday. I did a shutdown and reboot to no effect.I use this often, so it is a big deal to me when not working!...
  6. Snip & Sketch tool stopped working properly

Snip & Sketch tool stopped working properly: Recently, I've encountered problems with Snip & Sketch tool. Every time I try to take a new snip, the selected area will turn green and won't show the app window as usual; thus, preventing me from saving the snip. I've uninstalled and reset the app and so far, none works....
  7. Snip and Sketch has stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch has stopped working: when I press NEW in snip and sketch nothing happens. This app has worked in the past. I just uninstalled it and downloaded a new copy from the MS Store and it still does not work. I have also run DISM and SFC and both reported no issues. Help....
  8. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch: Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office to supplement the...
  9. Snip & Sketch Tool

Snip & Sketch Tool: The new Windows Snip & Sketch tool seems too be just a nicer looking Snipping Tool, which I welcome nicely, but I do not see any significant change. The only was to annotate clearly is by using a pen device. Maybe ok if your device is portable, but useless when collaborating...
  10. Snip & Sketch tool not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch tool not working: Snip & Sketch not working correctly after recent update. When I select New snip the screen shades like normal but then wont capture my snip from any application. It will still capture my snip from websites though. How do I get it work again, especially in my Word, Excel and...