Windows 10: snip and sketch won't open

Discus and support snip and sketch won't open in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I try to open my snip and sketch app, it won't open. This is the error code it gives me: "Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sara24SH, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Sara24SH Win User

snip and sketch won't open

When I try to open my snip and sketch app, it won't open. This is the error code it gives me:

"Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BC6"

Does anyone knows how I can get it fixed?

:)

Sara24SH, Dec 16, 2020
  2. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Dec 16, 2020
  3. johnbuck4 Win User
    Snip and Sketch

Windows Accessories Snip & Sketch

When i open the Snip and sketch tool I am able to select an area and copy it. However none of the pencils, icons are active I am not able to select them and draw or highlight anything on the clipped item. what is wrong??

Any suggestion welcome

john

johnbuck4, Dec 16, 2020
  4. snip and sketch won't open

Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

snip and sketch won't open

1. snip and sketch won't open - Similar Threads - snip sketch won't

2. Snip & sketch won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & sketch won't uninstall: I removed snip & sketch by apps-> installed apps -> select and uninstall. The icon was removed from the start menu as expected. The windows store thinks it is not installed. And yet, Win-Shift-S still launches snip & sketch. I performed a search for snip & sketch and found...
  3. Snip & sketch won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & sketch won't uninstall: I removed snip & sketch by apps-> installed apps -> select and uninstall. The icon was removed from the start menu as expected. The windows store thinks it is not installed. And yet, Win-Shift-S still launches snip & sketch. I performed a search for snip & sketch and found...
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  6. Snip & Sketch won't paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snip & Sketch won't paste: I use mind maps for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD,ASD, memory/processing difficulties and for students who are Deaf/hard ofhearing. I favour Xmind and have used it and trained others to use Xmind8 extensively. For years now I used the Snipping Tool in Windows...
  7. Snip & Sketch not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not opening: When I'm trying to open snip & sketch it is showing an error that 'you will need an app to open ms-screenclip link'. Please someone help for solving this problem BTW I Have Windows 2004 installed....
  8. Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens

Snip & Sketch No Longer Opens: Hi. Long-time reader, first time poster. Snip & Sketch was working nominally up until sometime recently. That is to say it went something like this: • I'd press *Start+Shift+S and the screenshot overlay would appear • I'd capture what I needed (and curse aloud at the...
  9. snip & sketch short cut won't snip

in Windows 10 Customization
    snip & sketch short cut won't snip: Using the Windows Logo + Shift + S short cut, the Snip & Sketch program let me dragged the rectangle over what I have wanted to snip. But then it dissappears after I finished dragging the rectagle. The Snip & Sketch also quitted. The program worked when I use the Control N...
  10. Snip and sketch won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch won't open: I click on snip and sketch and it flashes on screen then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-wont-open/f9850093-210c-463b-a91d-5f8960444b12