Windows 10: Snip and Sketch

Discus and support Snip and Sketch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have frequently used Snip and Sketch with no problem, but today when I snip instead of the portion of the screen snipped being brought up in the app... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JenniferDodson-Weihl, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Snip and Sketch

I have frequently used Snip and Sketch with no problem, but today when I snip instead of the portion of the screen snipped being brought up in the app the snip disappears and the screen I am snipping returns to normal. Where is my snip going? It is not in my Pictures file. I have the "Save Snip" feature turned on in settings? Any thoughts?

Thank you

:)

JenniferDodson-Weihl, Aug 13, 2020
  2. John DeV Win User

Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Snip and Sketch

Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having a flickering screen while using Snip and sketch on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see this behavior in any other application?

Meanwhile, let us try few steps.

Step 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Snip & Sketch
      app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Update display driver.

We would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

Snip and Sketch

1. Snip and Sketch - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch

2. Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle: Got a weird issue with Snip and Sketch. When users click on the Ruler tool it more often that not starts at a 45 degree angle instead of 0 degrees horizontal. Issue happens for multiple users but it is not consistent. Already reset the app, reinstalled, and rebooted the...
  3. Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle: Got a weird issue with Snip and Sketch. When users click on the Ruler tool it more often that not starts at a 45 degree angle instead of 0 degrees horizontal. Issue happens for multiple users but it is not consistent. Already reset the app, reinstalled, and rebooted the...
  4. Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?

Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?: I'm actually posting both the question and the answer because all previous threads are locked.For my work PC with limited access to various system folders, here's what worked for me.Click on Start menu icon in lower left corner of taskbar area and type in Snipping Tool:t:You...
  5. Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where do I find the Snipping Tool not Snip & Sketch in Windows 11?: I'm actually posting both the question and the answer because all previous threads are locked.For my work PC with limited access to various system folders, here's what worked for me.Click on Start menu icon in lower left corner of taskbar area and type in Snipping Tool:t:You...
  6. Please suggest how to disable Snip and sketch application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Please suggest how to disable Snip and sketch application: Please suggest how to disable Snip and sketch application.Tried uninstalling it using Powershell but it does not remove it completely - Get-appxpackage *ScreenSketch* remove-appxpackage Using all user pipeline as wellTried disabling the application using registry and after...
  7. Please suggest how to disable Snip and sketch application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please suggest how to disable Snip and sketch application: Please suggest how to disable Snip and sketch application.Tried uninstalling it using Powershell but it does not remove it completely - Get-appxpackage *ScreenSketch* remove-appxpackage Using all user pipeline as wellTried disabling the application using registry and after...
  8. Please suggest how to disable Snip and sketch application

9. Why is Snip & Sketch not showing in Microsoft Store?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Snip & Sketch not showing in Microsoft Store?: Looking to download Snip & Sketch v10.2008.3001.0 or later. It does not appear in the Windows Store. Does Snipping Tool update old versions of Snip & Sketch?...
  10. Why is Snip & Sketch not showing in Microsoft Store?

Why is Snip & Sketch not showing in Microsoft Store?: Looking to download Snip & Sketch v10.2008.3001.0 or later. It does not appear in the Windows Store. Does Snipping Tool update old versions of Snip & Sketch?...