Windows 10: Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location

Discus and support Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; With the new "Snip & Sketch" tool, I can't find the option to set where snips are saved. If I take a snip, it simply copies it to the clipboard instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Whimsical Seaplane, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location

With the new "Snip & Sketch" tool, I can't find the option to set where snips are saved. If I take a snip, it simply copies it to the clipboard instead of saving it as an image.

* I do NOT want them copied to the clipboard. I have turned "Auto copy to clipboard" OFF but it still shows the "Snip saved to clipboard" window. This is a bug.

* When I take a snip, it does not save the snip to a file, so if I take multiple snips without manually saving each one, they're lost and only the latest one can be edited. I need to take multiple snips and have them saved to separate files automatically.

Where are these options?

:)

Whimsical Seaplane, Jun 3, 2019

2. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Jun 3, 2019
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Jun 3, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location

1. Snip & Sketch - Auto Save to Specified Location - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch Auto

2. Snip & Sketch Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch Issue: I have tried every way I can think of to add Snip & Sketch to my taskbar. You can pin it to start but not to taskbar. Why would that be? Just another small thing that will drive you crazy. I have the old snipping tool still on my taskbar so why can't I add the new one? I've...
  3. Snip & Sketch

Snip & Sketch: I LOVED the Microsoft Snipping Tool. I understand that Microsoft did away with it and replaced it with "Snip & Sketch." While the concept to use it is the same, when I capture what I want as a "NEW" snip, it then appears simply as a blank screen within the Snip & Sketch app....
  4. Snip and Sketch Awkward

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip and Sketch Awkward: Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot. Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it. So I have choose 'new' and...
  5. Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch: How can I remove an item that I snipped in Snip & Sketch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch/e7b187f0-41a9-4580-9456-39783e8e8339
  6. Snip and sketch

Snip and sketch: I am trying to use snip and sketch and have been for a while but yesterday the app seems to be launching the desktop picture and will only allow me to snip that......I have tried removing picture, just snipped windows desktop, tried reloading snip and sketch, tried removing...
  7. Microsoft "Snip & Sketch"

Microsoft "Snip & Sketch": Where is "Snip & Sketch" stored on my computer? The shortcut "PROPERTIES" displays: "TARGET: Microsoft.ScreenSketch_8wekyb3d8bbwe!App". I just discovered this app ("Snip & Sketch") today 190115. Info on it claims a "Release date 2/27/2018". SEE ALSO:...
  8. Snip & Sketch

Snip & Sketch: I want to make a screenshot of Snip & Sketch, but when I follow the instructions below, nothing will happen. Check out the delay timer in the Snip & Sketch application: Open the Snip & Sketch app. Click the downward arrow next to the New button in Snip & Sketch and make...
  9. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...
  10. Snip and Sketch shortcuts.

Snip and Sketch shortcuts.: Is it possible to create a taskbar shortcut to open 'Snip and Sketch' directly and without it opening the whole App? These images should clarify what I mean. Snip and Sketch can be added to the taskbar but it always opens as shown. By pure chance I found a button in the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snip and sketch auto save

2. snip and sketch text saving

3. snip and sketch free download

4. snip and scetch file location ,
  5. snip and sketch save location