Windows 10: Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update

Discus and support Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently bought a new laptop. On the first day of use, I was able to paste an image from Snip & Sketch into Libreoffice no problems. The only... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NCapp, Sep 16, 2020.

1. NCapp Win User

Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update

I recently bought a new laptop.

On the first day of use, I was able to paste an image from Snip & Sketch into Libreoffice no problems.

The only strange behaviour was that Snip & Sketch opened a new window every time I clicked new snip

Then there was a small Windows update.

The next day I could not paste an image from Snip & Sketch into Libreoffice. I could paste ok into Gmail though.

also Snip & Sketch no longer opens a new window every time I click new snip, thinking this might be related to the small Windows update as well?

I have gone back to using the classic Snipping tool, which works fine.

Please do not remove the classic Snipping tool ! Snip & Sketch is too flaky to rely on

:)

NCapp, Sep 16, 2020

2. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

I am using the latest version of Win10. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work. When I Ctrl-V to paste into LibreOffice Writer, nothing happens. I can paste into Gmail, but even if I do that and then Ctrl-C that image and then Ctrl-V to LibreOffice Writer,
    all I get is a broken image symbol. The only work around I have found is to first save the file to disk and then insert the image into my document. That is far too many steps when I have been copying and pasting from the snipping tool with no problem for
    many years.

I need this function, please do not remove the snipping tool because it still works and Snip & Sketch does not. I have seen others on the internet complaining about this issue for years with not being able to paste into several different programs... and
    still this is not resolved. So I continue to use the Snipping Tool, please don't take it away.

GailnFlorida, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

Thanks for your response. The editor I use (LibreOffice Writer) is able to process images copy/pasted from other sources, including the old "Snipping Tool". I just don't understand why the same process can't be done from the new "Snip & Sketch".

Thanks for the tip about the Feedback Hub, I sent in a report.

GailnFlorida, Sep 16, 2020
  4. rgp1942 Win User

Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Of course. The image will paste fine into other programs. There is some property that is being set that prevents it from pasting in Live Mail. If I recopy it through an intermediate program, it then pastes fine into Live Mail. I would be happy to convert
    to Snip & Sketch if it weren't for this extra step in order to get a snip into an email. I want it to work just like the old Snip Tool does -- copy/paste works fine.

rgp1942, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Snip & Sketch - cannot paste image into Libreoffice after Windows update - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch cannot

2. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot use Snip & Sketch: Every time I try to use Snip & Sketch, it always show up "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link".I've gone for a few search on the Internet and found some solutions but none of them worked.First, I tried some lines of DISM tool on cmd, it showed...
  3. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot use Snip & Sketch: Every time I try to use Snip & Sketch, it always show up "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link".I've gone for a few search on the Internet and found some solutions but none of them worked.First, I tried some lines of DISM tool on cmd, it showed...
  4. Cannot use Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  6. Snip & Sketch won't paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snip & Sketch won't paste: I use mind maps for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD,ASD, memory/processing difficulties and for students who are Deaf/hard ofhearing. I favour Xmind and have used it and trained others to use Xmind8 extensively. For years now I used the Snipping Tool in Windows...
  7. Can't save or paste an image with the new Snip & Sketch tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't save or paste an image with the new Snip & Sketch tool: I loved the old Snipping Tool since it has the ability to save the snip to just about anywhere. The new Snip & Sketch doesn't work so well. It looks slick but will not place an image anywhere, so what's the point of this tool? I can invoke the palette that has the saved...
  8. Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images: Using Snip & Sketch in Windows 10....every time I do a snip I get a black line at the bottom of the snip. I checked outline settings and they are off. Any suggestions?...
  9. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work: I am using the latest version of Win10. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work. When I Ctrl-V to paste into LibreOffice Writer, nothing happens. I can paste into Gmail, but even if I do that and then Ctrl-C that image and then Ctrl-V to LibreOffice Writer, all I get is a...
  10. Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working: When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping Tool, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, everything works fine. When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping&Sketch, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, nothing appears. I have to paste the image into MS...