Windows 10: Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

Discus and support Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by stellareum, May 27, 2022.

1. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and blueish-purple line in that one spot? You may have to zoom in. It isn't there on my physical monitor and only shows up when using Snip & Sketch. I've tried reinstalling it, deleting and reinstalling, scanning my PC health, restarting my laptop I've shut down my laptop every night for the past two or so years I've

:)

stellareum, May 27, 2022

2. Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images

Using Snip & Sketch in Windows 10....every time I do a snip I get a black line at the bottom of the snip. I checked outline settings and they are off. Any suggestions?

JohnRaymint, May 27, 2022
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, May 27, 2022
  4. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

Opening Screenshots in Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

The behavior you see is expected-Now taking screenshots would automatically copy them to the clipboard and would not open a new Window like happened with snipping tool.

A notification, should generate however to open the editor if needed. See the screenshot.

A better way would be to open Snip and Sketch app using app and select New Snip.

[Tip] Different Ways to Open “Screen Snip & Sketch” in Windows 10

https://www.askvg.com/tip-different-ways-to-ope...

Hope that helps.

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots 3e11ff3d-6c14-4485-84a6-833e096b5028?upload=true.png

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 27, 2022
Thema:

Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

1. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch causing

2. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots: Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and...
  3. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots: Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and...
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. White/Black Line In Screenshot; Snipping Tool. Films & TV Apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White/Black Line In Screenshot; Snipping Tool. Films & TV Apps.: I use OBS - a video recording software - to capture .mkv files from an external source a gaming console. I then want to capture a specific screenshot from the .mkv file, so I do this:open .mkv file in "Films & TV" app > WIndows + Shift + S > Window Snip > a "Snipping Tool"...
  6. White/Black Line In Screenshot; Snipping Tool. Films & TV Apps.

White/Black Line In Screenshot; Snipping Tool. Films & TV Apps.: I use OBS - a video recording software - to capture .mkv files from an external source a gaming console. I then want to capture a specific screenshot from the .mkv file, so I do this:open .mkv file in "Films & TV" app > WIndows + Shift + S > Window Snip > a "Snipping Tool"...
  7. Launch Snip and Sketch app, not screenshot mode

Launch Snip and Sketch app, not screenshot mode: Hi all, We have Windows set up for a work environment with customised start menus, and notifications disabled. We created a shortcut to the new Snip and Sketch app with the "%windir%\explorer.exe ms-screenclip:" method and it launches fine, screenshots are saved to the...
  8. Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines: Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers Screen goes black for about a second and then it shows a slightly longer line before it flickered. The...
  9. weird black line

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    weird black line: [IMG] https://preview.redd.it/ubopng5kav751.png?width=1678&format=png&auto=webp&s=7f2608104ced59446db5d268d560c798b4186ecd submitted by /u/omarelfarok [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hi1w9i/weird_black_line/
  10. Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?: Is this possible? I love that PrtScn autosaves to my OneDrive, but I have been using my PC in tablet mode a lot recently so I have to use Snip & Sketch instead. I have been using it during class lectures online, and sometimes they move relatively quickly so I don't have time...