Windows 10: Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

Discus and support Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stellareum, May 27, 2022.

1. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and blueish-purple line in that one spot? You may have to zoom in. It isn't there on my physical monitor and only shows up when using Snip & Sketch. I've tried reinstalling it, deleting and reinstalling, scanning my PC health, restarting my laptop I've shut down my laptop every night for the past two or so years I've

:)

stellareum, May 27, 2022

2. Snip & Sketch Black Underline on Images

Using Snip & Sketch in Windows 10....every time I do a snip I get a black line at the bottom of the snip. I checked outline settings and they are off. Any suggestions?

JohnRaymint, May 27, 2022
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, May 27, 2022
  4. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

Opening Screenshots in Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch

Hi,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

The behavior you see is expected-Now taking screenshots would automatically copy them to the clipboard and would not open a new Window like happened with snipping tool.

A notification, should generate however to open the editor if needed. See the screenshot.

A better way would be to open Snip and Sketch app using app and select New Snip.

[Tip] Different Ways to Open “Screen Snip & Sketch” in Windows 10

https://www.askvg.com/tip-different-ways-to-ope...

Hope that helps.

Content on the above blog is written by a Microsoft MVP so it is safe. However, do watch out for the ads.

Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots 3e11ff3d-6c14-4485-84a6-833e096b5028?upload=true.png

Sumit (Independent Advisor), May 27, 2022
Thema:

Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

1. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch causing

2. How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?: When I use the Snip & Sketch tool to highlight my entire screen, there's a thin line at the top-middle of the screenshot from the menu that pops up before taking the screenshot still on the screenshot itself. It's hard to see but if you zoom in you can see it's there.Is there...
  3. How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of the thin line at the top of Snip & Sketch screenshot?: When I use the Snip & Sketch tool to highlight my entire screen, there's a thin line at the top-middle of the screenshot from the menu that pops up before taking the screenshot still on the screenshot itself. It's hard to see but if you zoom in you can see it's there.Is there...
  4. Snip & Sketch too complicated for a screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch too complicated for a screenshot: I need a way to save screenshots with one click. Pressing the PntScn key using the Snipping Tool used to store the screenshot instantly in the user's Screenshots folder. Snip & Sketch won't do that. Each screen shot requires selecting the whole screen icon, then going to...
  5. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  6. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  7. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots: Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and...
  9. Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch causing weird black/purple line on top of screenshots: Now, before it's asked: This isn't a hardware problem. When I used other screenshotting platforms, the lines weren't there at all. This line ONLY shows up in screenshots captured by the Snip & Sketch app.Here are some pictures. The line is at the center-top.See that black and...
  10. Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Auto-save Snip & Sketch screenshots?: Is this possible? I love that PrtScn autosaves to my OneDrive, but I have been using my PC in tablet mode a lot recently so I have to use Snip & Sketch instead. I have been using it during class lectures online, and sometimes they move relatively quickly so I don't have time...