Windows 10: Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

Discus and support Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I am using the latest version of Win10. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work. When I Ctrl-V to paste into LibreOffice Writer, nothing happens. I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by GailnFlorida, Dec 17, 2019.

1. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

I am using the latest version of Win10. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work. When I Ctrl-V to paste into LibreOffice Writer, nothing happens. I can paste into Gmail, but even if I do that and then Ctrl-C that image and then Ctrl-V to LibreOffice Writer, all I get is a broken image symbol. The only work around I have found is to first save the file to disk and then insert the image into my document. That is far too many steps when I have been copying and pasting from the snipping tool with no problem for many years.

I need this function, please do not remove the snipping tool because it still works and Snip & Sketch does not. I have seen others on the internet complaining about this issue for years with not being able to paste into several different programs... and still this is not resolved. So I continue to use the Snipping Tool, please don't take it away.

:)

GailnFlorida, Dec 17, 2019
  2. rgp1942 Win User

Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Of course. The image will paste fine into other programs. There is some property that is being set that prevents it from pasting in Live Mail. If I recopy it through an intermediate program, it then pastes fine into Live Mail. I would be happy to convert
    to Snip & Sketch if it weren't for this extra step in order to get a snip into an email. I want it to work just like the old Snip Tool does -- copy/paste works fine.

rgp1942, Dec 17, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User

Hi rgp1942

When you snip an area with the Snip and Sketch tool, do you then click the button indicated below at the top right of Snip and Sketch to copy the snip before pasting it into the Live Mail app?

Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work 54e8154d-232a-4955-a79b-fe6e06965b70?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Dec 17, 2019
  4. rgp1942 Win User

Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping Tool, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, everything works fine.

When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping&Sketch, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, nothing appears. I have to paste the image into MS Word or any other program, re-select it, re-copy it, and it will then paste into Live Mail OK.

Until this problem is corrected, I am forced to stay with the Snipping Tool, which apparently is going away.

Version: 10.1907.2471.0

rgp1942, Dec 17, 2019
Thema:

Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

1. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch copy

2. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  3. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  4. Snip & Sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not working: I already did to reset the App and reinstall, also restart the machine. Nothing works.You will see on the attached GIF file, when i click to New or ctrl+N the Screen snipping is blank or not working.Windows Specs:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2021...
  5. Snip & sketch does not copy to clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & sketch does not copy to clipboard: Windows 10 Pro X64 20H2. The snip & sketch runs shft-Win-S and I can select an area, but it does not copy to the clipboard. A "Print SCRN" copies the entire screen to the clipboard as expected. I have: 1. Reset the application 2. uninstalled and reinstalled snip & sketch...
  6. Snip & Sketch won't paste

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snip & Sketch won't paste: I use mind maps for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD,ASD, memory/processing difficulties and for students who are Deaf/hard ofhearing. I favour Xmind and have used it and trained others to use Xmind8 extensively. For years now I used the Snipping Tool in Windows...
  7. Snip & Sketch Not Working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch Not Working.: Hi Guys... Among my other windows woes I now find that skip and sketch does not start up. The snipping tool still works thank goodness. I click the icon and the screen appears for a second or two then goes. I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the...
  8. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snip and sketch not working: my application snip and sketch is not working i can take a screeen shot but it does not get saved i does show on the clipbord when i press win+v but i cant view it plz help me fix this problem -confused AF all the time...
  9. Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working: When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping Tool, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, everything works fine. When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping&Sketch, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, nothing appears. I have to paste the image into MS...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snip and sketch not copying

2. image does not copy from snip and sckitch

3. copy and paste from snip & sketch

4. copying snip and sketches,
  5. Snip & Sketch copy does not work,
  6. why when I do a snip it will not copy,
  7. snip & sketch wont open,
  8. cannot use snip and sketch to paste into a google document,
  9. snip and sketch cannot copy,
  10. snip and sketch not pasting,
  11. windows 10 snip & sketch paste not working,