Windows 10: Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other

Discus and support Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I've search and I see threads on this issue but no real answer. Snip & Sketch crashes on launch. It only happens on one user profile. If I log... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Krayzejava, May 19, 2020.

1. Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other

I've search and I see threads on this issue but no real answer.

Snip & Sketch crashes on launch.

It only happens on one user profile. If I log out and in under another profile same computer Snip and Sketch works.

I've deleted the offending profile and recreated it same computer and Snip and Sketch still crashes on launch.

Error logged is 1000

Faulting application name: ScreenSketch.exe, version: 10.1907.1909.4001, time stamp: 0x5d6fe6c1

Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll, version: 10.0.18362.815, time stamp: 0x9fa806f2

Exception code: 0xc000027b

Fault offset: 0x0000000000713530

Faulting process id: 0x2f54

Faulting application start time: 0x01d62e0d34483f9b

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.ScreenSketch_10.1907.2471.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\ScreenSketch.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\Windows.UI.Xaml.dll

Report Id: d291e9fa-8528-473a-81f9-47076580d9e3

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.ScreenSketch_10.1907.2471.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

:)

Krayzejava, May 19, 2020

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, May 19, 2020
  3. I cannot launch Snip and sketch

I’ve been using Snip and sketch for a while but yesterday the app stopped working. I am unable to launch it. How can I fix it?

Amanda William, May 19, 2020
  4. Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other

Snip and sketch

I am trying to use snip and sketch and have been for a while but yesterday the app seems to be launching the desktop picture and will only allow me to snip that......I have tried removing picture, just snipped windows desktop, tried reloading snip and sketch,
    tried removing latest windows update, but the desktop screen override the and sits on top of what i want to snip.I can see as I launch the snip program, the desktop pic flashes over the item I want

It must be driver error.....what on earth have I done?

TinaWright2, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other

1. Snip & Sketch - Crashes on Launch. Only one user, not the other - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch Crashes

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip and Sketch Crashing

Snip and Sketch Crashing: Ever since I replace my trusty old Dell Workstation with a new HP Z4 Workstation ...both running Insider Beta Builds...the Snip and Sketch tool locks up and/or crashes. I have searched and tried everything. I have been using Greenshot as an alternative but it is not as fast...
  6. Snip and Sketch Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip and Sketch Crashing: Ever since I replace my trusty old Dell Workstation with a new HP Z4 Workstation ...both running Insider Beta Builds...the Snip and Sketch tool locks up and/or crashes. I have searched and tried everything. I have been using Greenshot as an alternative but it is not as fast...
  7. Launch Snip and Sketch app, not screenshot mode

Launch Snip and Sketch app, not screenshot mode: Hi all, We have Windows set up for a work environment with customised start menus, and notifications disabled. We created a shortcut to the new Snip and Sketch app with the "%windir%\explorer.exe ms-screenclip:" method and it launches fine, screenshots are saved to the...
  8. Snip and sketch crashes 100%

Snip and sketch crashes 100%: SNip and sketch stopped working on me. When I attempt to open a sketch is just crashes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-crashes-100/ece364dc-9b94-42c8-911a-d8f1c817ebfc
  9. I cannot launch Snip and sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I cannot launch Snip and sketch: I’ve been using Snip and sketch for a while but yesterday the app stopped working. I am unable to launch it. How can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cannot-launch-snip-and-sketch/6ef4be15-058d-4d42-9e97-b064c9798294
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snip & sketch works for one user only