Windows 10: Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

Discus and support Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently that a number of people in our Organisation have this tool crash when drawing linesThe tool then restarts and can still be used after the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Bradwin WILLIAMS, Aug 10, 2022.

1. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

Recently that a number of people in our Organisation have this tool crash when drawing linesThe tool then restarts and can still be used after the crash.The computers still run fine when the tool recoversFollowing entries in event logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.19041.746, time stamp: 0x6be51595Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1826, time stamp: 0x299341e8Exception code: 0xe0464645Fault offset: 0x000000000010fb62Faulting process id: 0

:)

Bradwin WILLIAMS, Aug 10, 2022
  2. elstaci Win User

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers (Screen goes black for about a second) and then it shows a slightly longer line before it
    flickered. The flickering starts as soon as I start the process of drawing the line and continues. Sometimes I needs to bear several flickers just to draw a medium long line in the Snip.

Extremely annoying since I am constantly am using Snip & Sketch during my activities at a Tech Forum that I am active in.

When I use highlighter it works normally.

In Group Policies it has all the required permissions - Administrators and Windows. I tried to add other permissions like "Everyone" and my own Administrator but continues with the same issue.

Before doing a Clean Windows installation I was able to fix the issue in Group Policy. When I went there I noticed that Administrators was missing. Then next timed, while trying to see how to install that permission again, when I looked back at Group Policy,
    it magically appeared and Snip & Sketch starting working normally again until I did a Clean Windows installation. Now It is acting as though I am missing Administrator permission again except it is not missing and Windows is not recognizing the permission.

I have tried using all the different settings in Snip to see if it has any affect and it doesn't.

This occurred before and after a clean Windows installation (for a different reason). I noticed this had been occurring since at least 2019.

I do noticed that when I first create a Snip and start sketching a line and the computer is, at the moment, doing something to keep it busy, for about a couple seconds drawing a line works fine then it starts the flickering.

I also needed to do a In-Place upgrade after doing a Clean Windows installation because I ran WD Diagnostic during the Windows Desktop to check for bad sectors and if my C: drive was defective and it corrupted the Windows installation and several apps I
    had installed.

Even after that the same issue continues with Snip & Sketch. One thing I noticed was that other Users have the save issue using Sticky Notes but for me Sticky Notes works correctly.

elstaci, Aug 10, 2022
  3. johnbuck4 Win User
    Snip and Sketch

Windows Accessories Snip & Sketch

When i open the Snip and sketch tool I am able to select an area and copy it. However none of the pencils, icons are active I am not able to select them and draw or highlight anything on the clipped item. what is wrong??

Any suggestion welcome

john

johnbuck4, Aug 10, 2022
  4. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

Snip and sketch crashes 100%

I have the same problem, and I use screensketch frequently for work )-:

I have tried:

• reset the app
    • re-install the app

but as soon as I open an snip in Snip & Sketch or open it from the Start menu, it crashes.

Erikvan der Neut, Aug 10, 2022
Thema:

Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

1. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch crashing

2. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines: Recently that a number of people in our Organisation have this tool crash when drawing linesThe tool then restarts and can still be used after the crash.The computers still run fine when the tool recoversFollowing entries in event logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe,...
  3. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines: Recently that a number of people in our Organisation have this tool crash when drawing linesThe tool then restarts and can still be used after the crash.The computers still run fine when the tool recoversFollowing entries in event logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe,...
  4. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  5. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  6. Snip & Sketch crashes when using ruler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch crashes when using ruler: Hi, Ive been using snip and sketch lately and have a problem that is making me very angry. Whenever i take a screenshot and try to open the ruler most times the app just crashes. I have a lenevo 720....
  7. Snip & Sketch crashes when using ruler

Snip & Sketch crashes when using ruler: Hi, Ive been using snip and sketch lately and have a problem that is making me very angry. Whenever i take a screenshot and try to open the ruler most times the app just crashes. I have a lenevo 720....
  8. Snip and Sketch Crashing

Snip and Sketch Crashing: Ever since I replace my trusty old Dell Workstation with a new HP Z4 Workstation ...both running Insider Beta Builds...the Snip and Sketch tool locks up and/or crashes. I have searched and tried everything. I have been using Greenshot as an alternative but it is not as fast...
  9. Snip and Sketch Crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip and Sketch Crashing: Ever since I replace my trusty old Dell Workstation with a new HP Z4 Workstation ...both running Insider Beta Builds...the Snip and Sketch tool locks up and/or crashes. I have searched and tried everything. I have been using Greenshot as an alternative but it is not as fast...
  10. Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines: Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers Screen goes black for about a second and then it shows a slightly longer line before it flickered. The...