Windows 10: Snip & Sketch default file name

Discus and support Snip & Sketch default file name in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kzyswd, Jan 7, 2021.

1. kzyswd Win User

Snip & Sketch default file name

When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you.
    Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only?

:)

kzyswd, Jan 7, 2021
  2. harrymc Win User

Snip and sketch default file format

I just used Snip and Sketch for the first time ever, and it happily offered to
    save in png format. So it seems that the
    default is still PNG,
    only that something has gone wrong on your computer.

I suggest to reinstall this Microsoft Store application using the following
    PowerShell command:

harrymc, Jan 7, 2021
  3. Snip and sketch default file format

The "Snip and Sketch" tool in Windows 10 seems to default to saving as JPG whereas the "Snipping Tool" it replaces used (for me at least) to default to PNG, which is often a better choice for screenshots.

Snip and Sketch does remember my preferred directory for saving snips, but is there a way to remember my preferred file type?

Silverfish, Jan 7, 2021
  4. Snip & Sketch default file name

Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard

Hello Balakrishna, my name is Marcel and I am an Independent Advisor.

I am here to help.

Follow the instructions from the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

If the issue persists move to this step:

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I and click on Apps

2. Tap on Apps & features, then choose the Sketch & Snip app from the list of installed apps

3. Tap on Snip & Sketch, Advanced Options

4. Tap on Reset option

5. Relaunch the computer once

Post me back, if you need further assistance.

Marcel Kuri, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

Snip & Sketch default file name

1. Snip & Sketch default file name - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch default

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip and Sketch: When I use the snip and sketch shortcut, it delays for 3 seconds before allowing me to snip what I want. When I do the same on a laptop, it is near instant. How come the snip and sketch is delayed on my computer?...
  6. Snip & Sketch, File not found.

Snip & Sketch, File not found.: Dear sir/mam, Like the title says. I have tried resetting, reinstalling and 1. Press the Windows key or click start, type in CMD right-click and click on "Run as an administrator". 2. Type in: sfc /scannow 3. Press Enter. Wait until it finishes. 4. Type in: DISM /Online...
  7. Snip & Sketch default file name

Snip & Sketch default file name: When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only? 171865
  8. Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time: Hi, I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix laptop with Win 10 Home built into it. In my old laptop when I used Snip & Sketch and clicked save, it automatically filled in the name in a very useful date & time scheme. In my new laptop it just gives you a bunch of garbled up...
  9. Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time: Hi, I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix laptop with Win 10 Home built into it. In my old laptop when I used Snip & Sketch and clicked save, it automatically filled in the name in a very useful date & time scheme. In my new laptop it just gives you a bunch of garbled up...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...