Windows 10: Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image

Discus and support Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello there, im having at issue with "Snip & Sketch". When i start the application, capture an area it just stores the file at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mo_onty, Oct 9, 2020.

1. Mo_onty Win User

Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image

Hello there,

im having at issue with "Snip & Sketch". When i start the application, capture an area it just stores the file at

"%LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip"

After that it just shows the empty Snip & Sketch window but it does not open the file. I can open it manually and edit it. So the application / editor works fine.

I already unchecked unapplied every GPO running for our domain on this device.

Does anyone have a clue?

:)

Mo_onty, Oct 9, 2020
  2. TTT
    TTT Win User

Capture context menus in Snip & Sketch

In the built in Windows Snipping Tool, if you want to capture context menus that disappear when you move the mouse off of them, you can start a new snip, then press ESC, then expand your context menu, then press Ctrl-PrtScn to trigger a snip of your screen.

In Windows 10 when I open the Snipping Tool I am being reminded that I should use Snip & Sketch instead. But how do you capture the context menus in Snip & Sketch? (ESC then Ctrl-PrtScn does not work.)

3. Snip & Sketch

I LOVED the Microsoft Snipping Tool. I understand that Microsoft did away with it and replaced it with "Snip & Sketch." While the concept to use it is the same, when I capture what I want as a "NEW" snip, it then appears simply as a blank screen within the
    Snip & Sketch app. I believe that the app says it copies the snip to the Clipboard, so I attempted to open up a Word doc and a Notepad doc and "Paste" but still nothing appears.

Please help!

Atty Laura R., Oct 9, 2020
  4. DonLVTX Win User

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office
    to supplement the Snipping Tool whenever I need to capture a larger image and/or more options to edit and enhance on afterward. Thanks!

DonLVTX, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Snip & Sketch does not open the captured image - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch does

2. Snip and Sketch capturing itself

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch capturing itself: Does anyone know how to stop Snip and Sketch from capturing itself in a screenshot? I take a lot of screenshots in my game using it and lately its been leaving me with a strip of green and white at the top of all of them. Example: [IMG]...
  3. Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does Snip&Sketch store full size images in a cache?: I find myself using the utility a lot and would prefer it autosave but it doesnt do that. So Snip&Sketch doesnt autosave, fine. C:\Users\nerf\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\S creenClip is there another cache location...
  4. snip and sketch won't open

snip and sketch won't open: When I try to open my snip and sketch app, it won't open. This is the error code it gives me: "Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BC6" Does anyone knows how I can get it fixed?...
  5. Snip and Sketch capture resolution

Snip and Sketch capture resolution: Is there a way to raise the resolution of screen shots I take with snip and sketch ? 165996
  6. Snip & Sketch is slow capturing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch is slow capturing: As the title says, Snip&Sketch has for some reason added a lot of delay between me pressing the key combo and it taking the picture on the screen, it worked just fine in win1903 but i updated to 2004 and it takes it's time for it, so i can't get the picture just when i want...
  7. Snip & Sketch not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not opening: When I'm trying to open snip & sketch it is showing an error that 'you will need an app to open ms-screenclip link'. Please someone help for solving this problem BTW I Have Windows 2004 installed....
  8. Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch suddenly dissapears after capture.: On one of my systems, S&S pops up after capture, but on this one it simply disappears. I looked for a setting, but I don't see one that makes the difference. It does put it on the clipboard, but I don't want to open another app to process and save the image. It used to...
  9. Snip and sketch won't open

Snip and sketch won't open: I click on snip and sketch and it flashes on screen then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-wont-open/f9850093-210c-463b-a91d-5f8960444b12
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...