Windows 10: Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

Discus and support Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix laptop with Win 10 Home built into it. In my old laptop when I used Snip & Sketch and clicked save, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by numetal, Sep 30, 2020.

1. numetal Win User

Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

Hi,

I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix laptop with Win 10 Home built into it. In my old laptop when I used Snip & Sketch and clicked save, it automatically filled in the name in a very useful date & time scheme. In my new laptop it just gives you a bunch of garbled up numbers. I.e. {2B7B9A10-1DAD-4629-B7BC-C30CE677B89D}

This is pretty much useless and I would much rather have the date & time naming back if that's still an option.

My Windows build is Win 10 Home 1909 18363.1082

Thanks

:)

numetal, Sep 30, 2020

2. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Sep 30, 2020
  3. Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard

I configured my Snip & Sketch app so that snips will not automatically copied. But they are always copied automatically to the clipboard. I did the troubleshooting
    steps such as computer rebooting but all in vain

BalakrishnaTurnerish, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

Snip & Sketch overrides clipboard

Hello Balakrishna, my name is Marcel and I am an Independent Advisor.

I am here to help.

Follow the instructions from the article Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402749...

If the issue persists move to this step:

Reset Snip & Sketch app

1. Press Windows + I and click on Apps

2. Tap on Apps & features, then choose the Sketch & Snip app from the list of installed apps

3. Tap on Snip & Sketch, Advanced Options

4. Tap on Reset option

5. Relaunch the computer once

Post me back, if you need further assistance.

Marcel Kuri, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

1. Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch doesn't

2. snip and sketch doesn't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip and sketch doesn't work: Hi,I accidentally erase some of my appx packages.because of that my snip & sketch write "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link"I did my troubleshooting and my conclusion was that I only miss MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS, but I cannot find where I can download...
  3. snip and sketch doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip and sketch doesn't work: Hi,I accidentally erase some of my appx packages.because of that my snip & sketch write "You'll need a new app to open this ms-screenclip link"I did my troubleshooting and my conclusion was that I only miss MicrosoftWindows.Client.CBS, but I cannot find where I can download...
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  6. Snip & Sketch default file name

Snip & Sketch default file name: When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only? 171865
  7. Snip & Sketch default file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch default file name: When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only? 171865
  8. Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time

Snip & Sketch doesn't automatically name files by date & time: Hi, I recently bought this ASUS ROG Strix laptop with Win 10 Home built into it. In my old laptop when I used Snip & Sketch and clicked save, it automatically filled in the name in a very useful date & time scheme. In my new laptop it just gives you a bunch of garbled up...
  9. Snip&Sketch doesn't copy to clipboard the first time.

Snip&Sketch doesn't copy to clipboard the first time.: Is this a bug, and if so how do I fix it? The first time I snip it appears in the notification screen, but it doesn't copy to my clipboard. I have to snip a 2nd time for it to work. submitted by /u/lanc3r3000 [link] [comments]...
  10. Snip & Sketch doesn't work

Snip & Sketch doesn't work: [ATTACH] My Snip & Sketch does not work. Well it does, sometimes. It works only on large snips, but it never worked when I'm trying to take a small part of the screen only. What happens is it just shows a "working in background" cursor and does nothing after. It doesn't...