Windows 10: Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Discus and support Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by elstaci, Jul 11, 2020.

1. elstaci Win User

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines

Since updating to Windows 10 Pro version 2004, at least that I am aware of, whenever I use Snip & Sketch and I need to draw an orange line on the image, it flickers Screen goes black for about a second and then it shows a slightly longer line before it flickered. The flickering starts as soon as I start the process of drawing the line and continues. Sometimes I needs to bear several flickers just to draw a medium long line in the Snip.

Extremely annoying since I am constantly am using Snip & Sketch during my activities at a Tech Forum that I am active in.

When I use highlighter it works normally.

In Group Policies it has all the required permissions - Administrators and Windows. I tried to add other permissions like "Everyone" and my own Administrator but continues with the same issue.

Before doing a Clean Windows installation I was able to fix the issue in Group Policy. When I went there I noticed that Administrators was missing. Then next timed, while trying to see how to install that permission again, when I looked back at Group Policy, it magically appeared and Snip & Sketch starting working normally again until I did a Clean Windows installation. Now It is acting as though I am missing Administrator permission again except it is not missing and Windows is not recognizing the permission.

I have tried using all the different settings in Snip to see if it has any affect and it doesn't.

This occurred before and after a clean Windows installation for a different reason. I noticed this had been occurring since at least 2019.

I do noticed that when I first create a Snip and start sketching a line and the computer is, at the moment, doing something to keep it busy, for about a couple seconds drawing a line works fine then it starts the flickering.

I also needed to do a In-Place upgrade after doing a Clean Windows installation because I ran WD Diagnostic during the Windows Desktop to check for bad sectors and if my C: drive was defective and it corrupted the Windows installation and several apps I had installed.

Even after that the same issue continues with Snip & Sketch. One thing I noticed was that other Users have the save issue using Sticky Notes but for me Sticky Notes works correctly.

:)

elstaci, Jul 11, 2020

2. snip and sketch

I downloaded Snip and Sketch OK. My intent is to draw/sketch on a map so I can show my readers the hiking trail I took. However, I cannot do the following:

I want to bring up Google Earth. I then want to draw/sketch a hiking trail that I took. I want to use Snip and Sketch to draw on the Google Earth screen, and once I am done I will save this screen. Can I do this in this sequence, or do i first need to do
    a Google Earth screen print - and then bring up Snip and Sketch?

Below it asks for a "Windows Topic." To get by this question I selected "Ink and Sketch."

Thank you.

OutdoorSteve, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Snip and Sketch

Snip and Sketch on the fritz. Won't activate to draw the box. Any thoughts?

EnwayReckalb, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Martmcd Win User

snip & sketch

Hi CJ_571

when you use snip and sketch, the snip will appear in the action centre (winkey+A)

you can draw on it, highlight items and save it by clicking on the floppy disk icon in the top right corner.

Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines 5f9a1c64-6cdb-44f0-a652-a056ec2cc8cb?upload=true.png

Martmcd, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Snip & Sketch flickers when drawing lines - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch flickers

2. Drawing in Snip & Sketch causes Windows to freeze and two beeps

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Drawing in Snip & Sketch causes Windows to freeze and two beeps: As the title says. The first time I did it, I thought something weird happened in the background, and the second time just confirmed it was caused by Snip & Sketch.OS Version: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build: 19045.3208GPU: RX 560X...
  3. Drawing in Snip & Sketch causes Windows to freeze and two beeps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drawing in Snip & Sketch causes Windows to freeze and two beeps: As the title says. The first time I did it, I thought something weird happened in the background, and the second time just confirmed it was caused by Snip & Sketch.OS Version: Windows 10 22H2 OS Build: 19045.3208GPU: RX 560X...
  4. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines: Recently that a number of people in our Organisation have this tool crash when drawing linesThe tool then restarts and can still be used after the crash.The computers still run fine when the tool recoversFollowing entries in event logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe,...
  5. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines: Recently that a number of people in our Organisation have this tool crash when drawing linesThe tool then restarts and can still be used after the crash.The computers still run fine when the tool recoversFollowing entries in event logs:Faulting application name: dwm.exe,...
  6. Snip & Sketch crashing when drawing lines

7. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  8. Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing

Snip & Sketch screen flickering when drawing: Hi all, hoping I can get some help because I haven't found a solution that works. When using Snip & Sketch to edit and draw on a screenshot after taking one, when drawing, my screen will flicker after a certain amount of "ink" has been placed. It will stay dark until I stop...
  9. screen flickering with snip and sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    screen flickering with snip and sketch: Hello all,My screen flickers when I try to draw a line in snip and sketch app, I tried the following solutions but nothing works:uninstalling and reinstalling the display driver.resetting the app.updating the display driver.changing the frame rate of the screenalthough , apps...
  10. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch: While marking something on the snip with pen/pencil the screen start flickeringturns off and on. This is happening after the last windows feature update See this video - https://youtu.be/FkFHQTvQaRM [ATTACH]...