Windows 10: snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file

Discus and support snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, My snip & sketch was working Perfectly, but all of a sudden I don't know what happened. I have it set to use the print screen function and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by UMM607, Oct 12, 2019.

1. UMM607 Win User

snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file

Hello,

My snip & sketch was working Perfectly, but all of a sudden I don't know what happened. I have it set to use the print screen function and when I do that instead of prompting me to save it to a file it just automatically saves it to the clipboard. As a last resort, I uninstalled the app and restarted my PC and install it again but the same thing nothing changed.

:)

UMM607, Oct 12, 2019

2. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Oct 12, 2019
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Oct 12, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Oct 12, 2019
Thema:

1. snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file - Similar Threads - snip sketch prompting

2. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  3. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  4. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  6. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  7. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG: I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my...
  8. Snip & Sketch broken for me.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip & Sketch broken for me.: So I'm having an issue with my Snip and Sketch not working. whenever I go to click the button in the notification pop out it says "you'll need an app to open this ms-screenclip link" and my only option is to search the Microsoft app store and when i click that button nothing...
  9. Snip & Sketch - saving shortcut key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch - saving shortcut key: I use a lot of snip & sketch in windows. Shortcut shift+win+s is great. Do exist shortcut key to saving snip after I've made it? Nowadays I must click window in notifications (win+a) and safe snip from snip&sketch window. submitted by /u/CaishenNefri [link] [comments]...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. screen snip windows 10 doesnt save

2. snip and sketch save location

3. where are windows snips saved

4. SCREEN SNIP NOT SAVED,
  5. where are my snips going,
  6. where does snip and sketch save