Windows 10: Snip & Sketch not working - Yellow bars showing on the sides of the screen.

Discus and support Snip & Sketch not working - Yellow bars showing on the sides of the screen. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Whenever I try using Snip & Sketch, instead of allowing me to print my screen, four yellow bars appear on the sides of my screen, only to leave after a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by KaduMeneses, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Snip & Sketch not working - Yellow bars showing on the sides of the screen.

Whenever I try using Snip & Sketch, instead of allowing me to print my screen, four yellow bars appear on the sides of my screen, only to leave after a while. This happens when both using the command Shift + Win + S and by directly pressing the Prnt Scr button. Plus, whenever I go into Apps and Features if I click in any app made by Microsoft the entire tab crashes. Furthermore, I'm not sure how relevant this is but, I do seem to have a problem with my Microsoft account, since whenever I try to access anything on Windows with it, like say, for example, the Microsoft Store it opens up a tab that says "Just a moment..." and it keeps loading forever. Thanks in advance.

I do have all my drivers up to date.

:)

KaduMeneses, Apr 14, 2021
  2. MonarcYR Win User

snip and sketch

Repair install is not an option. I can make snip and sketch work if I pin to task bar then right click. I then select the option at the top of screen click on document and snip and sketch opens. At that point you continue as you would normally.

MonarcYR, Apr 14, 2021
  3. Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having a flickering screen while using Snip and sketch on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see this behavior in any other application?

Meanwhile, let us try few steps.

Step 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Snip & Sketch
      app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Update display driver.

We would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Apr 14, 2021
  4. Snip & Sketch not working - Yellow bars showing on the sides of the screen.

Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Apr 14, 2021
Thema:

Snip & Sketch not working - Yellow bars showing on the sides of the screen.

1. Snip & Sketch not working - Yellow bars showing on the sides of the screen. - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch working

2. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  3. Snip and Sketch not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and Sketch not working: Hi,I've been using snip and sketch for a while now but recently it stopped working. A blue screen with an X constantly pops up and nothing happens. How can I get it to work again?...
  4. Snip & Sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not working: I already did to reset the App and reinstall, also restart the machine. Nothing works.You will see on the attached GIF file, when i click to New or ctrl+N the Screen snipping is blank or not working.Windows Specs:Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 21H2 Installed on ‎5/‎15/‎2021...
  5. Snip and sketch stopped working Yellow Border

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip and sketch stopped working Yellow Border: Hello all,My snip and sketch tool suddenly stopped working. Everytime I press it, a yellow border appears but nothing happens. Snipping works using the snipping tool app. I have tried many fixes, including resetting and reinstalling the app. I use this app win shift s very...
  6. Game Bar and snip & sketch shortcuts not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Game Bar and snip & sketch shortcuts not working: I noticed a while ago that I couldn't press win+shift+s to screenshot things anymore. I don't know exactly when this problem appeared and I don't know if I installed anything that could interfere with it. After reinstalling the app and trying some other 2 things it just...
  7. Snip & Sketch Not Working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch Not Working.: Hi Guys... Among my other windows woes I now find that skip and sketch does not start up. The snipping tool still works thank goodness. I click the icon and the screen appears for a second or two then goes. I have tried refresh, uninstall and re install of the app from the...
  8. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    snip and sketch not working: my application snip and sketch is not working i can take a screeen shot but it does not get saved i does show on the clipbord when i press win+v but i cant view it plz help me fix this problem -confused AF all the time...
  9. snip and sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    snip and sketch not working: My snip and sketch tool has stopped working. I open the app, select new, highlight the area to snip but then nothing happens. I have tried refreshing the app and uninstalling and reinstalling but neither have resolved the issue....
  10. Snip & Sketch Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch Not Working: I am a fan of Snip & Sketch, I have been using it since it was out, I immediately ditched the Snipping Tool. Recently, when I am trying to use it, it wouldn't do anything. When I take a screenshot, all it does is show a loading cursor and that's it. It ends right there. So...