Windows 10: Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save...

Discus and support Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Snip & Sketch App says "Something went wrong" When using the Microsft Windows 10 app named Snip & Sketch. Every time I would select an image and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nevadan_Voice, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save...

Snip & Sketch App says "Something went wrong"

When using the Microsft Windows 10 app named Snip & Sketch. Every time I would select an image and attempt to save the image as a file. I would click the icon to save to file and I would get a notification that reads "Something Went Wrong." And the app would not allow me to save the image into a file for later use.

I searched the web and couldn't find the fix. So I began searching my computers app options. And I found the fix.

Here is an image the Snip & Sketch notification error. The error appears once you have clicked the save icon which is the icon of the floppy disc.

Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save... 494983a3-1d95-4497-ad87-56d35da85857?upload=true.png

THE FIX: Open your SETTINGS then choose APPS. Under the APPS & FEATURES option scroll down to your SNIP & SKETCH app. Select and click the app. There will be a small drop-down menu with two options; (1) Advanced Options (2) Uninstall. Choose (1) Advanced Options.

Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save... d54b20f3-209b-49a2-8469-0b614dbc1a46?upload=true.png

After clicking the advanced options link. You will be viewing the advanced options of the snip & sketch application. (Image below). Under the header that reads APP PERMISSIONS. There is an option named PICTURES that has an on and off switch located beneath the word pictures. You need to click that button and turn the option on.

Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save... 0d241cfd-b9a9-4e57-abad-471bb44ec95b?upload=true.png

Once you have turned on that advanced app option. You will now be able to save a clipped image into a file.

Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save... 4c168d89-2484-4167-88cd-4288c0ea3815?upload=true.png I hope this helps somebody out there in the web. Best wishes!

:)

Nevadan_Voice, Nov 30, 2019
  2. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Nov 30, 2019
  3. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 30, 2019
  4. harrymc Win User

Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save...

Windows 10 New Snip & Sketch Tool notification missing

To enable notifications from the Snip & Sketch Tool:

• Start Settings
    • Click on System
    • Click on Notif‌ications & actions
    • Find Snip & Sketch and set it to On

harrymc, Nov 30, 2019
Thema:

Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save...

1. Snip & Sketch reports error notification "Something Went Wrong" when attempting to save... - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch reports

2. snip & sketch without notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip & sketch without notifications: Is it possible to capture a screenshot with this application without clicking on its notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-without-notifications/abc8fcff-d360-4007-8315-d17aa477d811
  3. snip & sketch without notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip & sketch without notifications: Is it possible to capture a screenshot with this application without clicking on its notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-without-notifications/abc8fcff-d360-4007-8315-d17aa477d811
  4. Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong": I was in the middle of using the Snipping tool on an up to date windows 11 system. Now, while I can snip and save the image, I can no longer open any images with the tool. I get the error Snipping Tool Something Went Wrong.I have repaired, reset, uninstalled, reinstalled to...
  5. Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong"

Snipping Tool "Something Went Wrong": I was in the middle of using the Snipping tool on an up to date windows 11 system. Now, while I can snip and save the image, I can no longer open any images with the tool. I get the error Snipping Tool Something Went Wrong.I have repaired, reset, uninstalled, reinstalled to...
  6. Snip and Sketch returns error "Something went wrong" when trying to print

Snip and Sketch returns error "Something went wrong" when trying to print: We are having an issue with the built in app Snip and Sketch where an image is taken and we try to print. Normally, after clicking the print button a dialog of configured printers will show up. Unfortunately, instead of the dialog to choose a printer, the error "Something...
  7. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG: I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my...
  8. Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong

Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong: Hi, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the message Paint3D couldn't save something went wrong. I TRIED UPDATING MY WINDOWS SAME ****...A DAY BEFORE IT WAS FINE. SUDDENLY YESTERDAY N NOW ****? I JUST SIMPLY TRY saving group clip arts no problem, but individual...
  9. Error: Something went wrong

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error: Something went wrong: I can't upload photos from my iphone 10 into the photos app on windows 10. Half of the time it can't find anything on the phone, and then when it does it starts uploading and immediately I get an error message saying "something went wrong"...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snip tool windows 10 error something went wrong