Windows 10: Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor

Discus and support Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I've been a long-time user of the snipping tool and recently it started informing me that soon it will go away and it offers me a link to try snip &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by d4005, Mar 11, 2020.

1. d4005 Win User

Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor

I've been a long-time user of the snipping tool and recently it started informing me that soon it will go away and it offers me a link to try snip & sketch.

When I follow that link inside the old snipping tool, all is good (as it is if I follow the shortcut on the start menu). I can snip a selection and it automatically goes into edit-the-snip mode where you can annotate it or crop it and have the option to save what you snipped.

But, if I do Shift+Winkey+S, although I do get a dimmed screen and the ability to snip, what then happens is ... nothing. It doesn't take what was snipped into the edit-the-snip mode, it just disappears. It may have copied it into the clipboard, I haven't looked because that's irrelevant. I want to edit the snip before saving.

:)

d4005, Mar 11, 2020
  2. Gen Test Win User

Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

You can open the Snip & Sketch app directly in "new" mode by right-clicking the app (on either the Start Menu App List, on the pinned tile, or on the Task Bar) and select "Take a new snip" from the Jump List menu.

The Clipboard History feature (October 2018 update) will save and list all items sent to the clipboard, including any snips. These items can then be accessed through Win+V. The hotkey will also take you to the setup for Clipboard History if the feature is not enabled.

As for your other concerns, I am not sure of how to open editor automatically after sniping using the hotkeys. But the following information could be of use.

If you take a snip using Shift+Win+S, the Snip & Sketch App's notification should be accessible at the top of the Action/Notification Center side bar even if there's no pop-up. The Notification Center can be accessed through Win+A or through the Notification icon at the end of the task bar (Windows Tips). Clicking on the Snip & Sketch's notification there will launch the editor with the latest snip.

You could thus use Shift+Win+S for a snip, then Win+A and click on the notification to launch editing.

Gen Test, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Mar 11, 2020
  4. zeel Win User

Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

The new version of the snipping tool in Windows 10 has some nice features, but one big difference between its behavior and that of the old snipping tool is that you can either use the Shift+Win+S command to go directly into snipping mode, which then places the image into the clipboard, or you can open the "Snip & Sketch" from which you must click "new" but the resulting snip will be open in the editor once taken.

In the old tool, you could open it in snipping mode, and then it would open the editor directly once you snip the screen. From there you can annotate and save the file, or copy it to the clipboard.

The new tool does (sometimes) pop up a notification you can click to open the editor, but I have had instances where the notification did not appear, or got lost in a torrent of notifications.

Is there a way to change the behavior such that Shift+Win+S will invoke snipping mode, and the editor will open automatically to allow annotation, cropping, and saving?

Alternatively, a way to open the app directly into "new" mode, or to at the very least save a copy of the snip to some folder so it can be found later? Not every application allows pasting of images, sometimes you need to "Open" them. Or you may want to both paste it and save it.

So far, I haven't been able to find a way to emulate the simplicity of the old workflow - other than simply using the old snipping tool.

Thema:

1. Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch via

2. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  3. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  4. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  6. Snip and sketch won’t open editor

Snip and sketch won’t open editor: One of my tasks for a project I am doing at work involves taking copious amount of screen grabs/snips. Yesterday I took a few hundred of them, going non-stop, by using to win+shift+s shortcut each time which would shade the screen and allow me to draw a rectangle over the...
  7. Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed

Screenshot Winkey + Shift + S breaks if "Snip and Sketch" installed: Hi! Pressing Winkey+Shift+S for screenshot used to work until recently that it broke I think after I updated Windows 10 to 20H2. When pressing Winkey+Shift+S, the grey screenshot mode with 4 icons on top to select area appears but then immediately disappears after a...
  8. Snip & Sketch not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not opening: When I'm trying to open snip & sketch it is showing an error that 'you will need an app to open ms-screenclip link'. Please someone help for solving this problem BTW I Have Windows 2004 installed....
  9. Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch: After 4-5 successful screenshots the Win+Shift+S shortcuts stops working. It is so convenient to use it, please help! It happened just after upgrade of Windows 10 to "Windows 10 May 2020 Update" Event Viewer in Polish, but English version has the same fields: Opis Ścieżka...
  10. Windows Key + Shift + S - Snip Works, However Doesn't Open Snip 'n' Sketch Automatically...

Windows Key + Shift + S - Snip Works, However Doesn't Open Snip 'n' Sketch Automatically...: Hi All, Any advice on this would be great. I think an update may have changed this? not sure. Before, you could do windows key + shift + s, this would let you drag a snip, which woul then immedatley and automativally open in "Snip n Sketch" to be drawn on, edited, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Snip & Sketch does not show up when pressing windows Shift S

2. snip adn sketch disapears when you click new

3. snip & sketch not loading