Windows 10: snip sketch was creating a new file name with each save, now its not!

Discus and support snip sketch was creating a new file name with each save, now its not! in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i loved this feature as i did not have to type in a name. i believe the numbers at the end of the file name were incrementing by one. help. settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 3blackcats, Sep 28, 2019.

1. snip sketch was creating a new file name with each save, now its not!

i loved this feature as i did not have to type in a name. i believe the numbers at the end of the file name were incrementing by one. help. settings does not mention file settings

:)

3blackcats, Sep 28, 2019

2. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Sep 28, 2019
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Sep 28, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

snip sketch was creating a new file name with each save, now its not!

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Sep 28, 2019
Thema:

snip sketch was creating a new file name with each save, now its not!

1. snip sketch was creating a new file name with each save, now its not! - Similar Threads - snip sketch was

2. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  3. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?: Seems like a lot of other people have the same issue with it, maybe fix it before you get rid of the snipping tool. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-snip-and-sketch-not-save-the-file/f6bd49d9-7765-4599-9e8d-ba65f3359c72
  4. Why does Snip and Sketch not save the file?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Snip & Sketch default file name

Snip & Sketch default file name: When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only? 171865
  6. Snip & Sketch default file name

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip & Sketch default file name: When trying to save Snip & Sketch it automatically put a filename "screenshot + timestamp" for you. Is there a way to change or just remove this "screenshot" portion and leave the timestamp only? 171865
  7. New Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Snip & Sketch: FYI: Snip & Sketch has an updated version available from Store, NOW, for 20H1, including its new logo. I recommend Uninstalling your current S&S and then, fetch the new S&S from Store. [ATTACH] Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  8. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG: I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my...
  9. snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file

snip & sketch not prompting me to save the file: Hello, My snip & sketch was working Perfectly, but all of a sudden I don't know what happened. I have it set to use the print screen function and when I do that instead of prompting me to save it to a file it just automatically saves it to the clipboard. As a last resort,...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...