Windows 10: Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

Discus and support Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by TYPz, Sep 17, 2022.

1. TYPz Win User

Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app but I misclicked and updated both. After updating Snip & Sketch it stopped working again. Please help me, I'm desperate! I use that tool a lot for work and not being able to use it anymore gives me many problems and frustration and I don't want to reinstall everything again.I noticed that when I use the shortcut

:)

2. Snip and Sketch Anomaly

Try these fixes for Windows Key + Shift + S not working for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10:

https://thegeekpage.com/windows-shift-s-is-not-...

https://www.thewindowsclub.com/win-shift-s-not-... (Avoid ad links which intrude into editorial copy, especially avoid Restoro and Reimage ads)

https://www.repairwin.com/fix-snip-sketch-not-w...

https://tipsmake.com/fix-windows-shift-s-shortc...

One of those will usually work. Please Report back results for more steps if necessary.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Sep 17, 2022
  3. Gen Test Win User
    Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

You can open the Snip & Sketch app directly in "new" mode by right-clicking the app (on either the Start Menu App List, on the pinned tile, or on the Task Bar) and select "Take a new snip" from the Jump List menu.

The Clipboard History feature (October 2018 update) will save and list all items sent to the clipboard, including any snips. These items can then be accessed through Win+V. The hotkey will also take you to the setup for Clipboard History if the feature is not enabled.

As for your other concerns, I am not sure of how to open editor automatically after sniping using the hotkeys. But the following information could be of use.

If you take a snip using Shift+Win+S, the Snip & Sketch App's notification should be accessible at the top of the Action/Notification Center side bar even if there's no pop-up. The Notification Center can be accessed through Win+A or through the Notification icon at the end of the task bar (Windows Tips). Clicking on the Snip & Sketch's notification there will launch the editor with the latest snip.

You could thus use Shift+Win+S for a snip, then Win+A and click on the notification to launch editing.

Gen Test, Sep 17, 2022
  4. Bertilak Win User

Snip and Sketch stopped working.

Today Snip and Sketch (Win-Shift-S) stopped working. It was working fine yesterday.

Pressing WIn-Shift-S brings up the snipping tool and allows me to highlight an area to snip but when I do so, nothing happens. There is no way to edit or save the selected area.

I use this frequently, so it is a big deal to me when it is not working.

I have:

A. shutdown and restarted Windows.

B. uninstalled and reinstalled the Snip and Sketch application.

C. run a troubleshooter.

D. looked at update history which does not show anything updated in the past few days.

None of those actions helped.

Bertilak, Sep 17, 2022
Thema:

1. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work. - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch SHIFT

2. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  3. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  4. Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]: When I use CTRL SHIFT S or PRINT SCREEN and take a screenshot with Windows' tool; a part of the tool's GUI does not go away.There is still a thin blue ribbon on the final screenshot.Here is the aforementioned tool and it's GUI:Here is an image that is void of the problem I've...
  5. Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]

Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]: When I use CTRL SHIFT S or PRINT SCREEN and take a screenshot with Windows' tool; a part of the tool's GUI does not go away.There is still a thin blue ribbon on the final screenshot.Here is the aforementioned tool and it's GUI:Here is an image that is void of the problem I've...
  6. Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?: I was wondering if it's possible to change this default keybind. I use it a lot but the Win key gets in the way of my gaming and I'm planning on disabling the key. I tried creating a shortcut for Snip & Sketch but it only works when not playing a game (on the desktop), and I...
  8. Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch: After 4-5 successful screenshots the Win+Shift+S shortcuts stops working. It is so convenient to use it, please help! It happened just after upgrade of Windows 10 to "Windows 10 May 2020 Update" Event Viewer in Polish, but English version has the same fields: Opis Ścieżka...
  9. Windows Key + Shift + S - Snip Works, However Doesn't Open Snip 'n' Sketch Automatically...

Windows Key + Shift + S - Snip Works, However Doesn't Open Snip 'n' Sketch Automatically...: Hi All, Any advice on this would be great. I think an update may have changed this? not sure. Before, you could do windows key + shift + s, this would let you drag a snip, which woul then immedatley and automativally open in "Snip n Sketch" to be drawn on, edited, and...
  10. Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor

Snip & Sketch via Shift+Winkey+S doesn't auto-open snip editor: I've been a long-time user of the snipping tool and recently it started informing me that soon it will go away and it offers me a link to try snip & sketch. When I follow that link inside the old snipping tool, all is good (as it is if I follow the shortcut on the start...