Windows 10: Snip & Sketch won't paste

Discus and support Snip & Sketch won't paste in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I use mind maps for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD,ASD, memory/processing difficulties and for students who are Deaf/hard ofhearing. I favour... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeirdreMaddenDSS, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Snip & Sketch won't paste

I use mind maps for students with dyslexia, dyspraxia/DCD,ASD, memory/processing difficulties and for students who are Deaf/hard ofhearing. I favour Xmind and have used it and trained others to use Xmind8 extensively.

For years now I used the Snipping Tool in Windows forstudents to capture images for the mind maps to study/create a note mind mapfor a particular subject. It is a great combination!!

However, Snip & Sketch is replacing the Snipping Toolnow and recently trainees have said they can only access the Snip & SketchTool.
    I still have it on my device but it will cease to be supported by Windows soon.

There seems to be an issue when pasting from the Snip& Sketch Tool into Xmind.

Both the Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch create a PNGfile.

Snip & sketch will paste into MSWord and into a varietyof other applications, no problem at all but it will not paste into Xmind 8.

My partner has Xmind 8 Pro and Snip & Sketch will notpaste images into Xmind Pro either.

Have you any ideas for a solution please?

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

:)

DeirdreMaddenDSS, Feb 26, 2021
  2. rgp1942 Win User

Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Of course. The image will paste fine into other programs. There is some property that is being set that prevents it from pasting in Live Mail. If I recopy it through an intermediate program, it then pastes fine into Live Mail. I would be happy to convert
    to Snip & Sketch if it weren't for this extra step in order to get a snip into an email. I want it to work just like the old Snip Tool does -- copy/paste works fine.

rgp1942, Feb 26, 2021
  3. JimWynne Win User
    Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Feb 26, 2021
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Snip & Sketch won't paste

Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

Hi rgp1942

When you snip an area with the Snip and Sketch tool, do you then click the button indicated below at the top right of Snip and Sketch to copy the snip before pasting it into the Live Mail app?

Snip & Sketch won't paste 54e8154d-232a-4955-a79b-fe6e06965b70?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

Snip & Sketch won't paste

1. Snip & Sketch won't paste - Similar Threads - Snip Sketch won't

2. Snip & sketch won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & sketch won't uninstall: I removed snip & sketch by apps-> installed apps -> select and uninstall. The icon was removed from the start menu as expected. The windows store thinks it is not installed. And yet, Win-Shift-S still launches snip & sketch. I performed a search for snip & sketch and found...
  3. Snip & sketch won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip & sketch won't uninstall: I removed snip & sketch by apps-> installed apps -> select and uninstall. The icon was removed from the start menu as expected. The windows store thinks it is not installed. And yet, Win-Shift-S still launches snip & sketch. I performed a search for snip & sketch and found...
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  5. Snip & Sketch Snip

Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  6. snip and sketch won't open

snip and sketch won't open: When I try to open my snip and sketch app, it won't open. This is the error code it gives me: "Something happened on our end. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x87E10BC6" Does anyone knows how I can get it fixed?...
  7. snip & sketch short cut won't snip

in Windows 10 Customization
    snip & sketch short cut won't snip: Using the Windows Logo + Shift + S short cut, the Snip & Sketch program let me dragged the rectangle over what I have wanted to snip. But then it dissappears after I finished dragging the rectagle. The Snip & Sketch also quitted. The program worked when I use the Control N...
  8. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work: I am using the latest version of Win10. Snip & Sketch copy/paste does not work. When I Ctrl-V to paste into LibreOffice Writer, nothing happens. I can paste into Gmail, but even if I do that and then Ctrl-C that image and then Ctrl-V to LibreOffice Writer, all I get is a...
  9. Snip and sketch won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch won't open: I click on snip and sketch and it flashes on screen then closes. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-and-sketch-wont-open/f9850093-210c-463b-a91d-5f8960444b12
  10. Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip&Sketch copy/paste not working: When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping Tool, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, everything works fine. When I snip an area of a screen with Snipping&Sketch, and paste it into a Windows Live Mail email, nothing appears. I have to paste the image into MS...