Windows 10: snip & sketch

Discus and support snip & sketch in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Why all of a sudden is my snip & sketch turning my screen orange when I try to take a snip. I don't have lenovo on my desktop so I can't change any of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kelly Kaczmarek, May 24, 2022.

1. snip & sketch

Why all of a sudden is my snip & sketch turning my screen orange when I try to take a snip. I don't have lenovo on my desktop so I can't change any of those settings.

:)

Kelly Kaczmarek, May 24, 2022
  2. John DeV Win User

Snip & sketch

Hello FrankEngstrom,

Thank you for updating me that information. If you mean the snip and sketch? Based on your description the snipping tool is crashing?

Please try to reset Snip and Sketch

Press Start then search Apps and Features

Select Snip and Sketch on the list

Click Terminate then Reset

If it doesn't work, Please try to create a new administrator account then check if everything is working.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402692...

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

John DeV, May 24, 2022
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, May 24, 2022
  4. snip & sketch

Screen flickering while using Snip and Sketch

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are having a flickering screen while using Snip and sketch on your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below:

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Do you see this behavior in any other application?

Meanwhile, let us try few steps.

Step 1: Reset Snip & Sketch app.

1. Press Windows + I key to open Windows
      Settings.
    2. Click on Apps and select
      Apps & feature
      from the left pane.
    3. Scroll and look for the Snip & Sketch
      app.
    4. Select the app and click on Advanced option.
    5. Click on Reset and once you see a tick mark, then relaunch and check.

Step 2: Update display driver.

We would suggest you to update the display driver from Device Manager. Please refer this article to update the driver:
    Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 24, 2022
Thema:

snip & sketch

1. snip & sketch - Similar Threads - snip sketch

2. Snip and Sketch doesn't allow me to edit taken screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch doesn't allow me to edit taken screenshot: When I take a screenshot with Win+Shift+S shortcut, it takes a screenshot, but when the notification pops up to edit the screenshot, Snip and Sketch does not open. Even if I click the app it doesn't open.Things I've tried and failed in order Terminate Reset Uninstall...
  3. Snip and Sketch doesn't allow me to edit taken screenshot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip and Sketch doesn't allow me to edit taken screenshot: When I take a screenshot with Win+Shift+S shortcut, it takes a screenshot, but when the notification pops up to edit the screenshot, Snip and Sketch does not open. Even if I click the app it doesn't open.Things I've tried and failed in order Terminate Reset Uninstall...
  4. Snip and Sketch doesn't allow me to edit taken screenshot

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello,My Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts that both open and activate the new snip functionality are supposed to be, by default, assigned to "Windows key + Shift key + the letter "S" key but that is not working for both opening and activating the new snip functionality....
  6. Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working

Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts no longer working: Hello,My Snip & Sketch keyboard shortcuts that both open and activate the new snip functionality are supposed to be, by default, assigned to "Windows key + Shift key + the letter "S" key but that is not working for both opening and activating the new snip functionality....
  7. Why no ruler in Snip & sketch for Windows now?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why no ruler in Snip & sketch for Windows now?: Why no ruler in Snip & sketch for Windows now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-ruler-in-snip-sketch-for-windows-now/1a132087-05c4-4bf6-bd29-536ff7327d4b
  8. Why no ruler in Snip & sketch for Windows now?

Why no ruler in Snip & sketch for Windows now?: Why no ruler in Snip & sketch for Windows now? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-no-ruler-in-snip-sketch-for-windows-now/1a132087-05c4-4bf6-bd29-536ff7327d4b
  9. Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel

in Windows 10 Customization
    Rotate ruler in Snip & Sketch without mouse scroll wheel: Hey all,Windows 10 all patched etc, desktop PC.How do I rotate the ruler in Snip & Sketch without a mouse scroll wheel? Is there a keyboard shortcut?thanksjc...
  10. Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip and Sketch Ruler defaults to 45 degree angle: Got a weird issue with Snip and Sketch. When users click on the Ruler tool it more often that not starts at a 45 degree angle instead of 0 degrees horizontal. Issue happens for multiple users but it is not consistent. Already reset the app, reinstalled, and rebooted the...