Windows 10: Snip Tool

Discus and support Snip Tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; A long time favourite of mine is the MS Snipping Tool included with Windows. Unfortunately this has recently come up with a "Snipping Tool is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by davefaz, Feb 25, 2019.

1. davefaz Win User

Snip Tool

A long time favourite of mine is the MS Snipping Tool included with Windows. Unfortunately this has recently come up with a "Snipping Tool is moving..." which has me concerned.
    On some of my PC's the new tool has installed, but on others it has not. And when I click on the button Try Snip & Sketch it comes up with a message "you will need a new app to open this - ms screen sketch" but with the install button greyed out.
    What I don't understand is why the PC has not installed it like the others have.

:)

davefaz, Feb 25, 2019

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Feb 25, 2019
  3. snipping tool

In Win10 type Snip into the search box in your primary monitor toolbar. Snipping Tool will show up at the top of the list.

Steve Paltridge, Feb 25, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Snip Tool

Snipping Tool

Hello,

We acknowledge your query in using the Snipping Tool, but the names given to the screenshot that would be saved in the folder are by design. We suggest that you post it in the Feedback app, here's how to get to the Feedback app:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type feedback.
    • Click Windows Feedback.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Snip Tool

1. Snip Tool - Similar Threads - Snip Tool

2. snipping tool- both old and new

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tool- both old and new: The old snipping tool will not show anything in the window to snip. The new one will not show the snip. I don't get it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-both-old-and-new/f2b7338c-f103-4bff-a4a3-17f844bc3f86
  3. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s): Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically...
  4. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?: Hi, I would like to know how to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool, which is performed by pressing the windows key + Shift + S. Note: I'm not looking to disable all hotkeys, but only the one I mentioned. 128305
  5. Where is the snip tool moving to?

Where is the snip tool moving to?: Where is the snip tool moving to? Will we still be able to use this Snip tool once it is moved or will we be forced into using a replacement? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-snip-tool-moving-to/a67d6695-1ab4-4ec7-92e3-977e80209298
  6. Windows Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Snipping Tool: I like this quick and easy tool for various jobs, such as cutting photos, stories, obituaries, from on-line newspapers. Why and to where is it moving? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-snipping-tool/9dcff274-a30f-4b6c-8663-7b3825549462
  7. How to stop the snipping tool from showing the screenshot immediately after taking the picture?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to stop the snipping tool from showing the screenshot immediately after taking the picture?: I've recently started using the snipping tool to take screenshots of things I'm working on instead of taking notes. Generally the tool is fine, but I've been annoyed by how every time I take a screenshot with the snipping tool, it opens a window of the screenshot. This is...
  8. Snip Tool

Snip Tool: A long time favourite of mine is the MS Snipping Tool included with Windows. Unfortunately this has recently come up with a "Snipping Tool is moving..." which has me concerned. On some of my PC's the new tool has installed, but on others it has not. And when I click on the...
  9. screen shot, or Snipping tools

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen shot, or Snipping tools: When I do the screen shot or the Snipping toolfull screen. I got two pictures, one of the screen shot and beside I got my desktop picture side by side. How can I delete the desk top picture? or set the computer to take only the screenshot selection thanks Miguel....
  10. Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping Tool: My snipping tool has stopped working. When I access it, and click new, it brings up a gray screen. Is there a way to fix this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/21571162-60ae-4bb5-8f02-07d1d44d4009