Windows 10: Snipping tool and downloads issues

Discus and support Snipping tool and downloads issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since the latest updates the snipping tool is automatically opening in a format I don't like - 3D for example?? and the downloads are not showing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ICIT2LOL, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ICIT2LOL Win User

Snipping tool and downloads issues

Since the latest updates the snipping tool is automatically opening in a format I don't like - 3D for example?? and the downloads are not showing progress when I click on the progress arrow - am using Cyberfox browser (similar to Firefox)

So what is the go now as it seems that choice for users is becoming pretty limited especially after my email session was stopped remotely by Microsoft a few nights ago fora an update so where is my freedom of choice going apart from out of the window.

If this is progress then frankly I don't like it at all!!

:)

ICIT2LOL, Nov 9, 2017

2. Issues with the snipping tool.

Hi Sangeeta,

Thanks for your reply.

Created a new user account and the snipping tool worked in as much that I was able to free form a snip and the screen did not go blank so I then assumed it was OK.

What do you think is wrong with my account ?

Regards.

DavidWestlake_910, Nov 9, 2017
  3. Issues with the snipping tool.

Hello David,

Check if the same issue occurs in new user account as well. This issue might occur due to corrupted profile. Follow the steps from the link below to create new user account:

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Let us know the result. We will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Nov 9, 2017
  4. Snipping tool and downloads issues

I imagine Cyberfox has to catch up. Have you checked for updates?

Could you post a 3D snip. I tried mine and that option doesn't even exist.

Are referencing the "Mode"?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 9, 2017
  5. ICIT2LOL Win User
    Hmm Ken maybe it is because I am snipping from a SD card pic but I don't remember this happening before. A snip of the current screen opens normally perhaps I am missing something .

ICIT2LOL, Nov 9, 2017
  6. Interesting. So I think you are saying if you snip from a jpg you get 3D.

Mine doesn't do that.

I noticed in screen shot 1, Paint 3D is open. Are you opening photos with paint 3D? If so we need to set it back to a photo app.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Nov 9, 2017
  7. I had something like that happen once. With a memory stick. It opened in 3D but I just x'ed it out and opened it regularly. Never happened again so I guess I'm no help there. Agree that maybe try updates for the CyberFox download status issue.

indianacarnie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Snipping tool and downloads issues

1. Snipping tool and downloads issues - Similar Threads - Snipping tool downloads

2. Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking: Hello,I am encountering an issue with the snipping Tool.After I make a screenshot with the snipping tool, in background or foreground, the window casually shrink.I am not seeing any process that can make this situation happening.After some tests I noticed that when I go to...
  3. Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with Snipping Tool and MultiTasking: Hello,I am encountering an issue with the snipping Tool.After I make a screenshot with the snipping tool, in background or foreground, the window casually shrink.I am not seeing any process that can make this situation happening.After some tests I noticed that when I go to...
  4. Snipping tool Mouse Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool Mouse Issue: Problem Description:When attempting to take a screenshot using the snipping tool my mouse doesn't allow me to click anymore and is not stuck. The mouse can move but I can't click then the only way I found to fix it was by restarting the entire computer.Tried:Resetting the...
  5. Snipping tool Mouse Issue

Snipping tool Mouse Issue: Problem Description:When attempting to take a screenshot using the snipping tool my mouse doesn't allow me to click anymore and is not stuck. The mouse can move but I can't click then the only way I found to fix it was by restarting the entire computer.Tried:Resetting the...
  6. Windows 10 Snipping Tool Issue

Windows 10 Snipping Tool Issue: Hello, I have laptop with additional 2 monitors. I did upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 and now I have issue with Snipping Tool. You can see issue on the screenshot. I can't select required for me space on monitors. I tried re-install but It didn't help. What is the...
  7. Issue with Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Snipping Tool: After I have taken a screenshot, I cannot open it in the Snipping Tool What should I do about this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-snipping-tool/3e7608f1-ab50-43a5-b458-4f85978c05dd
  8. Issue with Snipping Tool

Issue with Snipping Tool: After I have taken a screenshot, I cannot open it in the Snipping Tool What should I do about this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/issue-with-snipping-tool/3e7608f1-ab50-43a5-b458-4f85978c05dd
  9. Snip tool not working properly issue

Snip tool not working properly issue: Good day. I've recently upgraded to windows 11 and everything is working correctly except for the Snip & Sketch app, the snipping tool. Whenever I use the shortcut to take a rectangle snip, I run the issue of the whole screens not being highlighted, but just a chunk of them.I...
  10. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to use snipping tool in guest account