Windows 10: Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Discus and support Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DonLVTX, Mar 7, 2020.

1. DonLVTX Win User

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office to supplement the Snipping Tool whenever I need to capture a larger image and/or more options to edit and enhance on afterward. Thanks!

:)

DonLVTX, Mar 7, 2020
  2. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Mar 7, 2020
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Mar 7, 2020
  4. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Snip & Sketch

I LOVED the Microsoft Snipping Tool. I understand that Microsoft did away with it and replaced it with "Snip & Sketch." While the concept to use it is the same, when I capture what I want as a "NEW" snip, it then appears simply as a blank screen within the
    Snip & Sketch app. I believe that the app says it copies the snip to the Clipboard, so I attempted to open up a Word doc and a Notepad doc and "Paste" but still nothing appears.

Please help!

Atty Laura R., Mar 7, 2020
Thema:

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

1. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool Snip

2. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  3. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch Snip: I think 'Snip & Sketch Snip' is downloaded onto my PC. But I can't seem to install it! How is it done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-snip/ef691066-5c12-4db8-91ea-e35012381f12
  4. Snip & Sketch Snip

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Snip & Sketch vs Snipping Tool Lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch vs Snipping Tool Lag: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Accomplished_Ease_54 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juubf7/snip_sketch_vs_snipping_tool_lag/
  6. Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch: I've never had issue with Snipping Tool- Did we fix something that wasn't broke? I did a S&Sketch of an important screen...have not found the screen shot yet. Where would it be?...
  7. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions: Hi Guys, My device information: [img] Do you Guys know how to go about increasing the resolution of images taken using the Snipping Tool and / or the Snip & Sketch tool? The default resolution setting for both app is way too low (at 96DPI only) The image below shows the...
  8. Snip & Sketch Tool

Snip & Sketch Tool: The new Windows Snip & Sketch tool seems too be just a nicer looking Snipping Tool, which I welcome nicely, but I do not see any significant change. The only was to annotate clearly is by using a pen device. Maybe ok if your device is portable, but useless when collaborating...
  9. New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Customization
    New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch: I have tried using the new snipping tool that is replacing the existing on. If I don't click on the pop up that appears asap, once is dissapears so does the image. I have been undable to find any of the images I have snipped. I tried searching using key words but to no...
  10. Snip & Sketch tool not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch tool not working: Snip & Sketch not working correctly after recent update. When I select New snip the screen shades like normal but then wont capture my snip from any application. It will still capture my snip from websites though. How do I get it work again, especially in my Word, Excel and...