Windows 10: Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive

Discus and support Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Windows 11 23H2 22631.3593I recently added my OneDrive, ad as it always ANNOYINGLY does, it automatically start forcing me into backup of Pictures,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by die.heks, May 24, 2024.

1. die.heks Win User

Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive

Windows 11 23H2 22631.3593I recently added my OneDrive, ad as it always ANNOYINGLY does, it automatically start forcing me into backup of Pictures, Desktop, and Documents. Look, i get it. Use up OneDrive space, it gets people to buy storage.Anyway, i always immediately disable the backup. I dont need it, too expensive. I use OneDrive for simple transferring between machines and nothing more. Well under 5 GB.But once it's redirected, and you turn it off, it breaks Snip from auto-saving correctly. I've checked the registry for save location, triple checked the Location in properties for the Pi

:)

die.heks, May 24, 2024
  2. accakes Win User

Snip Tool won't save directly

My snip tool won't save snips at all unless I manually go into the snip tool and save it from there. I'm running Windows 11.

I have all of these enabled:

• Snipping tool notifications
    • Use the Print screen button to open screen snipping
    • Save Snips
    I've created a new user profile, turned off and on all those various settings, updated my computer fully, and rebooted.

I talked with someone in tech support at length but he was stumped too since I have the "Save Snips" option enabled. Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive :(

accakes, May 24, 2024
  3. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, May 24, 2024
  4. Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive

How to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry

I am looking to find out how to disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Windows Registry. I want to eventually run a script via Intune to edit the registry key that will disable Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature on multiple machines.

PLEASE DO NOT send me screenshots of how to disable the Windows Snipping Tool's Auto save Screenshot feature via Settings in the Snipping tool.

I am only interested in where in the Registry is the Auto Save of Screenshots managed for the Windows Snipping tool.

Thank you!

techno-wiz777, May 24, 2024
Thema:

Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive

1. Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool Auto

2. Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool Auto Save Broken Because of OneDrive: Windows 11 23H2 22631.3593I recently added my OneDrive, ad as it always ANNOYINGLY does, it automatically start forcing me into backup of Pictures, Desktop, and Documents. Look, i get it. Use up OneDrive space, it gets people to buy storage.Anyway, i always immediately...
  3. snipping tool- video- not saving

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool- video- not saving: I love this new feature, I was using the screenshot a lot, and then one day I noticed the video clip option. ; love it, God send, I have a problem, it closes when the recording is done before giving me the option to save it, just sometimes, that is what boggles my mind. what...
  4. snipping tool- video- not saving

snipping tool- video- not saving: I love this new feature, I was using the screenshot a lot, and then one day I noticed the video clip option. ; love it, God send, I have a problem, it closes when the recording is done before giving me the option to save it, just sometimes, that is what boggles my mind. what...
  5. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  6. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  7. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  8. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  9. Snipping Tool won't save

10. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...