Windows 10: Snipping tool better in 9901

Discus and support Snipping tool better in 9901 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A minor change in 9901 - snipping tool now guesses what you want. Just click on new and you no longer (as in 8) have to specify window or full screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by adamf, Dec 15, 2014.

1. adamf Win User

Snipping tool better in 9901

A minor change in 9901 - snipping tool now guesses what you want. Just click on new and you no longer (as in 8) have to specify window or full screen. It will select a window snip from partially obscured window which is pretty cool.

Rather bizarrely it will try to take a snip of the start menu even if it isn't open but that's a mistake I guess.

I'm finding quite a lot of nice little UI improvements in 9901. Will be interesting to see what the Jan build includes.

Attachment 9515Attachment 9516Attachment 9517

:)

adamf, Dec 15, 2014
  2. Johnpav Win User

Disable Snipping Tool

How do I disable the snipping tool?

I use a much better program than what snipping tool does and the shortcut key gets in the way of a third program.

Thanks,

John

Johnpav, Dec 15, 2014
  3. Arun B J Win User
    snipping tool or screen capture for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Snipping tool is still available in windows 10, follow the steps below to open snipping tool.

Start -> All apps -> Windows Accessories > Snipping Tool.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Dec 15, 2014
  4. BunnyJ New Member

Interesting. I would love to check that out.

Jeff

BunnyJ, Dec 15, 2014
  5. adamf Win User
    You can try it in a VM - seems quite stable to me. Just have a look around for J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5.iso

adamf, Dec 15, 2014
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    You can try it in a VM - seems quite stable to me. Just have a look around for J_CCSA_X64FRE_EN-US_DV5.iso Thanks but I'll pass until the official version comes out.

BunnyJ, Dec 15, 2014
  7. WHS
    whs Win User
    This is a useful improvement. But you still cannot snip context menus with the Windows snipping tool. That's why I use Jing which I can trigger from a function key. Example:

Snipping tool better in 9901 [​IMG]

8. Charlie Win User

Using the help instructions for snipping tool I was able to snip a context menu in windows 7 so I tried the same on 10 and it works the same for me.

Charlie, Dec 16, 2014
  9. WHS
    whs Win User
    Hmm, I guerss I learned something. But typical MS - it could not be easy. I like my F9 a lot better.

10. Charlie Win User
    Yes I saw your link to jing. Gonna give it a try. Looks like they provide instructional stuff and a newsletter for email. cool I need all that Thanks *Cool

Charlie, Dec 16, 2014
  11. Edwin New Member
    Edwin, Dec 16, 2014
  12. davehc Win User
    I did use Charlies method on earlier OSs, but turned to the alternative of having Paint open, taking a print Screen shot and pasting and cutting from there. Maybe a little more laborious, but I am used to the procedure now and it only takes a few seconds. I do have Snagit, but that also has some limitations.
    Certainly going to have a look at Jing, it looks interesting. Tks for the heads up, WHS

davehc, Dec 16, 2014
  13. WHS
    whs Win User

The Paint method is good and allows you to make annotations, etc. But I prefer Jing because it is so simple. The very small downside is that Jing will be another startup program and it uses 50 to 60MB of RAM. But that is peanuts.

14. Most of the problem with jing is it's not a freebie
    Screen capture keys are free *Smile
    I did notice though using the snipping tool in prior builds produced a popup message "you have apps that do this" :/

ThrashZone, Dec 16, 2014
  15. WHS
    whs Win User
Thema:

1. Snipping tool better in 9901 - Similar Threads - Snipping tool better

2. snipping tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tool: Snipping tool was one of my favorite apps, windows 11 has f#$%ed it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/303499e9-62a8-43a3-a176-f6212833b6f6
  3. Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool: When I first got my computer, my screenshots were conveniently saved to "This PC > Pictures". Then, possibly after an update, they began being saved on my desktop. What do I need to do so that my screenshots are saved in Pictures again?Thank you in advance for your help!...
  4. snipping tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    snipping tool: I mistakenly uninstalled the snipping tool from my windows 10 laptop and it dose not appear in the Microsoft store to reinstall? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/08d27052-6bc3-42c6-b499-0ba594b54a6f
  5. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  6. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  7. snipping tool

in Cortana
    snipping tool: My snipping tool disappeared and when I type anything in box that says type here to search and hit enter, it does nothing any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/01a3daaa-1c43-4963-b423-29c18ec862c9"
  8. snipping tool

in Windows 10 Customization
    snipping tool: when I select new snip the screen goes blank https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/49dd112f-baea-4beb-82fa-04228503349c
  9. Snip Tool

in Windows 10 Support
    Snip Tool: A long time favourite of mine is the MS Snipping Tool included with Windows. Unfortunately this has recently come up with a "Snipping Tool is moving..." which has me concerned. On some of my PC's the new tool has installed, but on others it has not. And when I click on the...
  10. Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping Tool: When I try to use the Snipping Tool my screen goes blank/gray. I use this a lot and really miss it. Is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool/8ca5980a-86b9-41ba-a806-cd052ae6b53e