Windows 10: Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

Discus and support Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134) 1. Open a snipping tool 2. Click on a new snip (have a rectangular snip mode set) 3. Take a snip and press... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gizm0., Feb 19, 2019.

1. Gizm0. Win User

Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

I have a Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)

1. Open a snipping tool

2. Click on a new snip (have a rectangular snip mode set)

3. Take a snip and press save (black floppy disk)

4. Choose a location, name a snip and press save

Current result: Snip will not be saved, only if you press save (black floppy disk) again and then press save - it will ask you whether you want to overwrite it - if you choose yes, only then the snippet will be created in a given location.

Expected result:

Snip will be saved in a current location directly after step 4.

Please, Microsoft, fix this bug, I am actually using your snipping tool for work, and this drives me crazy!

This bug is here for quite some time and it haven´t been fixed.

Apologies, if this is not a proper forum for bug report, but this is the only one I know.

:)

Gizm0., Feb 19, 2019
  2. JohnOhope Win User

snipping tool

You can.

Simply change the 'Save as type' selection when you save your snip.

The Snipping Tool remembers which type you used last and suggests this type for your next snip.

John

JohnOhope, Feb 19, 2019
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

I cannot save the snips from the snipping tool

Original Title: Snipping Tool

I use the snipping tool frequently. Suddenly I cannot save the snips. When I click save as nothing happens. If I then close the snip I get the option to save but where does it go? The option to send to e-mail works but this is very inconvenient. Have tried
    system restore.

RaymondChittick, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

1. Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time - Similar Threads - Snipping tool bug

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  4. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  5. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  6. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  8. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  9. Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens: Logs: Faulting application name: SnippingTool.exe, version: 10.0.18272.1000, time stamp: 0x2975e6e6 Faulting module name: tccexplorer.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4c493eca Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000019d2ae Faulting process id: 0x24f4...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...