Windows 10: Snipping Tool - Cannot unselect Pen even after Saving and Exiting

Discus and support Snipping Tool - Cannot unselect Pen even after Saving and Exiting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; All - I use Snipping Tool (version 10.0.17134.1). I made the mistake of turning on the Highlighter, and now I cannot turn it off. I can change to Pen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ##ldColorado##, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Snipping Tool - Cannot unselect Pen even after Saving and Exiting

All -

I use Snipping Tool (version 10.0.17134.1). I made the mistake of turning on the Highlighter, and now I cannot turn it off. I can change to Pen or Eraser, but I cannot turn all of them off.

I found an earlier series of posts in this forum from 2017 that recognized the problem but the MS expert swore that if I saved my Snip, it would turn off the Pen or Highlighter or Eraser. That was a lie.

I have snipped and saved and rebooted and exited - you name it, I've done it. I am about to consider uninstalling and reinstalling as a last resort.

any suggestions?

Thanks!

:)

##ldColorado##, Feb 16, 2019

2. Unable to exit from Snipping Tool's highlighter/Pen/Eraser feature.

After using the highlighter feature I cannot exit out. I can switch to the pen or eraser but then cannot exit from the either. I have backed completely out of snipping tool and upon re entering the highlighter feature is still in use. Help Thanks, Randall

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

***Edited title for clarity. Old title:
    Snipping Tool***

Randall Leonard, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Tramper Win User
    Unable to exit from Snipping Tool's highlighter/Pen/Eraser feature.

Hi,

Once you have used either the pen or eraser, you can, for example, save the snip to a file (File/Save As), start a new snip (File/New Snip), or close the app and discard the snip.

Can you not access any of these options?

John

Tramper, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Snipping Tool - Cannot unselect Pen even after Saving and Exiting

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

CNTrL+P doesnt work? Fullscreen snipping tool, then when finished CNTRL+P?

fyi, tpucapture used to be pretty similar to the snipping tool fwiw

jboydgolfer, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Snipping Tool - Cannot unselect Pen even after Saving and Exiting

1. Snipping Tool - Cannot unselect Pen even after Saving and Exiting - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool Cannot

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  4. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  5. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  6. Snipping Tool won't save

7. Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool

Surface Slim Pen problem with Snipping Tool: I have a Surface Pro 8, and when I use the Snipping Tool I am unable to get the erase button on the end of my Slim Pen 2 to work. In addition, the app freezes up for a couple of minutes when I go from the pen function to the erase function.I don't believe it is a problem with...
  8. Cannot save pictures from snipping tool

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot save pictures from snipping tool: Hi,I am having issue where I cannot save the pictures from the snipping tool. I searched around the Internet, and found something related with missing pictures folder in my user folder. I already created the pictures folder but still cannot save with snipping tool. Can anyone...
  9. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

in Windows 10 Customization
    SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!: past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried...
  10. Snipping tool malfunction - cannot save snips after recent security update in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Snipping tool malfunction - cannot save snips after recent security update in windows 10: Snipping tool malfunction - cannot save snips after recent security update in windows 10 April 14, 2020 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-malfunction-cannot-save-snips-after/22c9a6fa-e8d1-47d1-8d79-996dd5ea64a7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snipping tool remove pen

2. how to turn off pen in snipping tool

3. snipping tool defaults to pen

4. turn off eraser on snipping tool,
  5. snipping tool pen wont unselect,
  6. snip tool deselect pen,
  7. turn off pen in snipping tool