Windows 10: Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard

Discus and support Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My snipping tool always went wrong recently.To be descriptive, sometimes it can't save my image to the clipboard when I use the rectangular and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LU QIU, Mar 18, 2023.

1. LU QIU Win User

Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard

My snipping tool always went wrong recently.To be descriptive, sometimes it can't save my image to the clipboard when I use the rectangular and freeform mode, but the window and fullscreen mode works fine.I've already tried to reinstall snipping tool or fix it in my settings. I also tried to restart my PC but nothing changed.By the way, the "automatically copy changes" button is on.Is it a bug or something?

:)

LU QIU, Mar 18, 2023
  2. lyradd Win User

Windows 10 Snipping Tool & Clipboard Issue

When I use Windows 10 Snipping Tool, why do I get 3 copies of the snip in my Clipboard? I don't have this problem when copying other items, just when using the Snipping Tool.

lyradd, Mar 18, 2023
  3. Win10 snipping tool: clipboard empty after closing app

I'm running Windows 10 1607 (build 14393.105) and the Snipping Tool does NOT clear the clipboard on close.

Based on your explanation of the chain of events, I think I see what's going on.

1. You copy TEXT to the clipboard.
    2. You then capture something with the Snipping Tool (which, by default automatically copies that IMAGE to the clipboard (replacing the text you copied previously).
    3. You then close the Snipping Tool and expect you can then paste your text, but you cannot, because it's been replaced by an image, which can't be pasted into the area you're trying to paste text. Since you can't paste an IMAGE to a TEXT area, it pastes nothing.

You can test this by opening Paint and the Snipping Tool, snipping an image, then closing the Snipping Tool, and then pasting it into Paint. It should still paste the image, even though the Snipping Tool is closed.

Something that may help:

There is a setting in the Snipping Tool's options entitled "Always copy snips to the Clipboard":

Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard SuWVC.jpg

If you un-check that option, the image won't automatically be copied to the clipboard as soon as you snip it. Instead, you'll have to hit the "Copy" icon in the Snipping Tool:

Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard r0hfq.jpg

Ƭᴇcʜιᴇ007, Mar 18, 2023
  4. JxKing Win User

The Snipping & Sketching tool isn't copying automatically

Hi,

I am having a weird issue with my screen snipping tool. When I use it to snip something from my screen, it wouldn't copy to my clipboard until I open the Snip & Sketch app.

In the Snip & Sketch setting, the "Auto copy to clipboard" option is already on.

What should I do? Is there a way to reset this app?

Thanks

Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard d5d37cbb-0ddc-4828-8bea-9b8d6af71591?upload=true.png

JxKing, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

1. Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard - Similar Threads - Snipping tool can't

2. Snip only copying to clipboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip only copying to clipboard: When I snip sometimes it only copies to the clipboard not the app. This means that I cannot save it, I have to paste it into Word and then save that, which is lower quality...
  3. Snip only copying to clipboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snip only copying to clipboard: When I snip sometimes it only copies to the clipboard not the app. This means that I cannot save it, I have to paste it into Word and then save that, which is lower quality...
  4. Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard

Snipping tool can't auto copy to clipboard: My snipping tool always went wrong recently.To be descriptive, sometimes it can't save my image to the clipboard when I use the rectangular and freeform mode, but the window and fullscreen mode works fine.I've already tried to reinstall snipping tool or fix it in my settings....
  5. Snipping Tool auto minimise the window afetr snipped

Snipping Tool auto minimise the window afetr snipped: Last time snipping tool will auto pop up the window after we snipped. However, it will auto-minimise the window after we snip.How to solve the problem?...
  6. Snip & sketch does not copy to clipboard

Snip & sketch does not copy to clipboard: Windows 10 Pro X64 20H2. The snip & sketch runs shft-Win-S and I can select an area, but it does not copy to the clipboard. A "Print SCRN" copies the entire screen to the clipboard as expected. I have: 1. Reset the application 2. uninstalled and reinstalled snip & sketch...
  7. snipping tool not copying automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    snipping tool not copying automatically: Hi, I ran into a weird issue with the snipping function (win+shift+s). Previously, it was working great. I can use it to snip anything from my screen, and it would be copied automatically. But I reinstalled my system recently, and the snipping tool stopped copying. I have to...
  8. Snip & Sketch bug cannot turn off auto copy to clipboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch bug cannot turn off auto copy to clipboard: First off, I tend to use the Snip & Sketch app quite a bit, not the screen snip but the actual application. I usually use this as a image reference of something. Like for example, If i see a diagram in a article and want to reference it while Im reading through the article, I...
  9. Windows 10 Snipping Tool & Clipboard Issue

Windows 10 Snipping Tool & Clipboard Issue: When I use Windows 10 Snipping Tool, why do I get 3 copies of the snip in my Clipboard? I don't have this problem when copying other items, just when using the Snipping Tool....
  10. Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Auto Copy to Clipboard for Snip & Sketch app in Windows 10 The Snip & Sketch app included in Windows 10 allows you to quickly annotate screenshots, photos and other...