Windows 10: Snipping tool feature recommendations

Discus and support Snipping tool feature recommendations in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The snipping tool is a fantastic windows tool but could be so much better if: 1) you could draw a straight line with the pen; and, 2) you could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tcninquisitor, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Snipping tool feature recommendations

The snipping tool is a fantastic windows tool but could be so much better if:

1) you could draw a straight line with the pen; and,

2) you could insert a text box.

Seemingly, these would be simple adds. MS, please consider.

:)

tcninquisitor, Jul 23, 2019

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Jul 23, 2019
  3. Why would I want to use the Snip Delay feature?

Excellent! Thank You

Cyberdesigner, Jul 23, 2019
  4. Tryx3 Win User

Snipping tool feature recommendations

Snipping Tool

It is in %windir%\system32\SnippingTool.exe

Just try running it from there and if it works, just create a shortcut to it.

No uninstall / reinstall is possible for the snipping tool. It is not listed in
    Programs & features or in its subsection Turn Windows features on or off.

This is the Snipping tool icon
    Snipping tool feature recommendations 27b7a908-301d-444f-8ae0-2c807e1fc315.png

Andre's comment relates to an additional app he has downloaded called
    Microsoft Snip

Tryx3, Jul 23, 2019
Thema:

Snipping tool feature recommendations

1. Snipping tool feature recommendations - Similar Threads - Snipping tool feature

2. Snipping tool missing the indispensable Zoom feature ????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool missing the indispensable Zoom feature ????: The zoom feature on the snipping tool is gone and no longer allows you to zoom into an area of the snip if required and make indications etc. ?? Why would that important feature be missing, it basically turns the snipping tool into a useless app ? Disappointed !...
  3. Snipping tool missing the indispensable Zoom feature ????

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool missing the indispensable Zoom feature ????: The zoom feature on the snipping tool is gone and no longer allows you to zoom into an area of the snip if required and make indications etc. ?? Why would that important feature be missing, it basically turns the snipping tool into a useless app ? Disappointed !...
  4. Snipping Tool Feature Request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Feature Request: Please add Line Tool and Text Tool to the next release of Snipping Tool. Currently as it is now one has to use another app ie: Paint to add these. I thought with the release of Windows 11 it would have had new features like this but unfortunately it didn't.If anyone can get...
  5. Snipping Tool Feature Request

Snipping Tool Feature Request: Please add Line Tool and Text Tool to the next release of Snipping Tool. Currently as it is now one has to use another app ie: Paint to add these. I thought with the release of Windows 11 it would have had new features like this but unfortunately it didn't.If anyone can get...
  6. "Snip & Sketch" typing tool, feature request?

"Snip & Sketch" typing tool, feature request?: Hi, how do I submit a feature request for the next update to Snip & Sketch to include a Typing Tool? My motor skills are not good enough for the drawing tools to allow me to make something very legible. And typing something on top of the screenshot is easier for me. Any...
  7. Snip & Sketch missing delay feature from Snipping Tool

Snip & Sketch missing delay feature from Snipping Tool: I use the Snipping Tool daily. I just upgraded my Windows 10 on my company's computer and when I opened the Snipping Tool I was told about Snip & Sketch. I was excited to see a new version of the tool. But, when I opened Snip & Sketch, one of the best features, Delay, does...
  8. Snipping tool features

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping tool features: It would be a huge help if 1) you had the ability to draw a straight line with the the pen and 2) you could have a text box option. Any way we can get those features?...
  9. Snipping tool - Undo feature?

Snipping tool - Undo feature?: Hi all. Just wondered if anyone else thought it may be useful to have an 'undo' feature in the snipping tool? I was sending a screenshot to help someone in using a program under Windows yesterday and used the highlighting tool to mark parts of the screen for their...
  10. Snipping tool - Undo feature?

Snipping tool - Undo feature?: Hi all. Just wondered if anyone else thought it may be useful to have an 'undo' feature in the snipping tool? I was sending a screenshot to help someone in using a program under Windows yesterday and used the highlighting tool to mark parts of the screen for their...