Windows 10: Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

Discus and support Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ok, I'll try my best to explain this. I use the snipping tool almost daily for posting HW I'm a teacher. Generally it is snipping from a pdf file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by JavierAlvarez7, Sep 12, 2020.

1. Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

Ok, I'll try my best to explain this. I use the snipping tool almost daily for posting HW I'm a teacher. Generally it is snipping from a pdf file regular white pages to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with the freeform snip. Sometimes I needed to use the freeform snip because of some diagrams on the pdf file that I needed to avoid so I have to snip around them. Before, when I used the freeform snip to copy a part of the page remember, it's a white page and then paste it on OneNote, the background of the snip was white so it looked like a clean snip using the rectangular tool because the paste is always a rectangle anyways. Now I guess there was an update or something the background of the snip when I paste it is black. So I have this pasted rectangle with the irregular cutout of the white page over a black background and it looks messy. Is there a way to change the background of the pasted snip from black to white? I hope this makes sense. Thanks.

:)

JavierAlvarez7, Sep 12, 2020

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Sep 12, 2020
  3. dpn- Win User
    Microsoft Snipping Tool

I have a friend who is having a problem with the Snipping Tool. When something is snipped by the tool and then printed it prints in a purple or red color. If the snipped item is pasted into a document and printed it also prints in this reddish color.
    Items typed into the document print black, it is only the snipped item that prints reddish. The snipped item is black on white typing and it appears as black on white in the document. What could be the problem that is causing this colored printing of a
    snipped item? This problem just started recently, prior to that it worked properly.

*** Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category. ***

4. dpn- Win User

Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

Microsoft Snipping Tool

Yes, we thought it was likely a printer problem, but we did several experiments with printing. We created a document with a pasted Snipping Tool item, some typing, and a copy and paste item (not from the Snipping Tool). All items printed properly in black
    except the item from the Snipping Tool. We also thought maybe it was the source that we were snipping that somehow caused the problem so we tried snipping a couple of other black on white items and they also printed with the reddish color.

Then with the Snipping Tool we went into the printing preferences and changed the print option to black ink only. This printed black, but when we used the tool again the preference had reverted back to color and it printed reddish. It would be very tedious
    to change the preference every time one wanted to print something.

Every test we did pointed to the problem being with the Snipping Tool.

Thanks for asking the question, it is a good one.

Thema:

Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

1. Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting - Similar Threads - Snipping tool freeform

2. Snipping Tool only pastes half the snip picture when i paste into onenote help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool only pastes half the snip picture when i paste into onenote help?: I snipped thisIt pasted this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-only-pastes-half-the-snip-picture/dad6e291-2926-4630-9bd9-f2ecebe62b3a
  3. Snipping Tool only pastes half the snip picture when i paste into onenote help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool only pastes half the snip picture when i paste into onenote help?: I snipped thisIt pasted this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-only-pastes-half-the-snip-picture/dad6e291-2926-4630-9bd9-f2ecebe62b3a
  4. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  5. How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?: It is snipping from a pdf file to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with repeatedly freeform snip of same area within Screenshot.Because of some diagrams on the pdf file that I needed to avoid so I have to snip around them. Is there a way to repeat the selected area for...
  6. How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?

How to repeat exact selection when using freeform for Snipping tool?: It is snipping from a pdf file to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with repeatedly freeform snip of same area within Screenshot.Because of some diagrams on the pdf file that I needed to avoid so I have to snip around them. Is there a way to repeat the selected area for...
  7. Snipping Tool Truncating on First Paste

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Truncating on First Paste: Up to Date Windows 11 ProMicrosoft Office Home and Business 2021Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023Microsoft Paint as came with Windows 11 ProSnipping Tool as came with Windows 11 Pro used in Rectangle ModeExtended Displays: Laptop is 2560 x 1600 150%, Primary Display is 3480 x...
  8. Snipping Tool Truncating on First Paste

Snipping Tool Truncating on First Paste: Up to Date Windows 11 ProMicrosoft Office Home and Business 2021Adobe Photoshop Elements 2023Microsoft Paint as came with Windows 11 ProSnipping Tool as came with Windows 11 Pro used in Rectangle ModeExtended Displays: Laptop is 2560 x 1600 150%, Primary Display is 3480 x...
  9. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  10. Snipping tools captured color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping tools captured color: Hi, Need help. When using snipping tools, the captured image color is warm color. Snipping tools did not captured the original color. It happened only today, yesterday it works fine. It captured the original color of the screen. I did not install any software...