Windows 10: snipping tool freezes during inking

Discus and support snipping tool freezes during inking in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The Snip tool snip and sketch in windows 10, now just Snipping Tool in Windows 11 has for a long time been giving me problems when marking up snips. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mdarch010, Oct 20, 2021.

1. mdarch010 Win User

snipping tool freezes during inking

The Snip tool snip and sketch in windows 10, now just Snipping Tool in Windows 11 has for a long time been giving me problems when marking up snips. It freezes for about 30sec and then will start responding again. Doesn't effect anything else. Most frustrating. For example, I take a snip of a drawing, make a couple of annotations with the pen, but then when I try and click on the copy icon it won't respond. Finally it comes alive again, you can click the copy icon which changes to a tick, and then you can paste the annotated snip. Other times I'll try to change the pen settings colour, thic

:)

mdarch010, Oct 20, 2021
  2. kishorekr Win User

Snipping tool freezes in middle of the work

Hello,

My office work station which is Windows 10 enterprise , 64 bit , 3.6ghz board. Everything is fine except snipping tool, since we use dual display with design software multi tasking, snipping tool helps us a lot. Many times i have observed snipping tool getting
    freezed and no keys , commands will help for at least 10 minutes. Confiscated design software's which is more than 35gb running will not freeze but snip tool freezes.

Any suggestions to stop this.

kishorekr, Oct 20, 2021
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 20, 2021
  4. snipping tool freezes during inking

snipping tool - ink and high lighter not working

Hi,

I have this same problem, but 4 years later in windows 10. If I open and leave the snipping tool on for a while, the ink stops working, and I will need to close and re-open it, for it to start working again. I was wondering if there is a remedy?

see: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...-working/4573d991-52ea-449e-8715-a3c0ca03d3f2

Moved from: Windows 10 / Family

AbsolutelyFreeWeb, Oct 20, 2021
Thema:

snipping tool freezes during inking

1. snipping tool freezes during inking - Similar Threads - snipping tool freezes

2. Snipping tool freezing the windows 11 23H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool freezing the windows 11 23H2: I'd like to bring to your attention an issue I've encountered. While using the Snipping Tool, the Windows interface is freezing, making it impossible to use any other applications....
  3. Snipping Tool Glitch - Highlighted/inked area overlaps when minimized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Glitch - Highlighted/inked area overlaps when minimized: Good Day Team!I have noticed during highlighting an area in Snipping Tool using a highlighter or pen, that the highlighted area does not dry/stick and moves to another area upon minimization. This affects the image when pasting on emails and chats especially when covering or...
  4. Snipping Tool Glitch - Highlighted/inked area overlaps when minimized

Snipping Tool Glitch - Highlighted/inked area overlaps when minimized: Good Day Team!I have noticed during highlighting an area in Snipping Tool using a highlighter or pen, that the highlighted area does not dry/stick and moves to another area upon minimization. This affects the image when pasting on emails and chats especially when covering or...
  5. Snipping Tool - Ink option to draw no longer available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool - Ink option to draw no longer available: Windows 11 Snipping Tool no longer provides the ability to draw/highlight something with ink/color. what happened????? where is it and/or how do I bring it back. I've uninstalled the program and re-installed from Microsoft store, but still does not show that option....
  6. Snipping Tool - Ink option to draw no longer available

Snipping Tool - Ink option to draw no longer available: Windows 11 Snipping Tool no longer provides the ability to draw/highlight something with ink/color. what happened????? where is it and/or how do I bring it back. I've uninstalled the program and re-installed from Microsoft store, but still does not show that option....
  7. snipping tool freezes during inking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool freezes during inking: The Snip tool snip and sketch in windows 10, now just Snipping Tool in Windows 11 has for a long time been giving me problems when marking up snips. It freezes for about 30sec and then will start responding again. Doesn't effect anything else. Most frustrating. For example, I...
  8. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  9. Snipping tool freezes in middle of the work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping tool freezes in middle of the work: Hello, My office work station which is Windows 10 enterprise , 64 bit , 3.6ghz board. Everything is fine except snipping tool, since we use dual display with design software multi tasking, snipping tool helps us a lot. Many times i have observed snipping tool getting...
  10. Snipping Tool images freezing on screen

Snipping Tool images freezing on screen: Hi I have a persistent error with Snipping Tool in Windows 10 that has plagued me for month or so. I used the tool to capture two screen images and that worked fine, they automatically downloaded in Picture folder. However the images remain frozen on my screen and I...