Windows 10: Snipping tool, grey overlay results

Discus and support Snipping tool, grey overlay results in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by WAI BUN CHOI, Feb 26, 2024.

1. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary

:)

WAI BUN CHOI, Feb 26, 2024
  2. ed r581 Win User

new snipping tool overlay issue

winver 2004 (OS build 19041.388) changed the way the snipping tool works with regards to the silly screen overlay.

The 2018 snippingtool.exe had an option to NOT show that blasted and extremely annoying screen overlay when the tool is active.

The new one does NOT seem to provide a way to do this in the options settings...Grrrrrrrrr!

[1] If there is a way, can you provide the steps to do this in the options. If you can't, can you provide some registry setting or other means to fix this blasted annoyance?

One way I tried was **I removed** the "windows store" snipping tool from the system then overwrote the c:\windows\system32\snippingtool.exe with the older 2018 snippingtool.exe. Now at least I can invoke the old snipping tool GUI and in the options remove
    that blasted overlay.

The only remaining issue is that although I can now invoke the older snipping tool's GUI, if I attempt to use the keyboard shortcut to invoke the older tool namely "windows logo key+shift+s", it still dumbly brings up the newer snipping tool GUI with the
    stupid overlay issue even though I have already removed the windows store version of the tool and have overwritten the newer snippingtool.exe file. Double Grrrrrrr!

[2] How do I relate the shortcut keys "windows logo key+shift+s" to the OLDER installed snipping tool GUI?

Note: I have spent virtually days using google with no real solution.

Thank you

Ed Ray

ed r581, Feb 26, 2024
  3. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 26, 2024
  4. Fabler2 Win User

Snipping tool, grey overlay results

Greys out when trying snipping tool...

Hi @Adela. To get rid of the language preference list or removing one of them there are two ways. Using the Region setting and Language setting. The Region setting is just for the keyboard setting if no language pack is installed.
    In the Language section there is no language showing to be able to be removed but if I add English US for the keyboard layout (Region) then I can remove the English US keyboard that removes it from the language preference list.

Snipping tool, grey overlay results 331335d1620208637t-greys-out-when-trying-snipping-tool-screenshot_1.png

Snipping tool, grey overlay results 331336d1620208637t-greys-out-when-trying-snipping-tool-screenshot_2.png

Snipping tool, grey overlay results 331337d1620208937t-greys-out-when-trying-snipping-tool-screenshot_3.png

Snipping tool, grey overlay results 331338d1620208937t-greys-out-when-trying-snipping-tool-screenshot_4.png

The other method that works is to install the language pack of the one's you want to remove and then uninstall them. That's the long way around it but still works.

Snipping tool, grey overlay results 331342d1620209327t-greys-out-when-trying-snipping-tool-screenshot_5.png

Snipping tool, grey overlay results 331343d1620209327t-greys-out-when-trying-snipping-tool-screenshot_6.png

Snipping tool, grey overlay results 331344d1620209327t-greys-out-when-trying-snipping-tool-screenshot_7.png

Fabler2, Feb 26, 2024
Thema:

Snipping tool, grey overlay results

1. Snipping tool, grey overlay results - Similar Threads - Snipping tool grey

2. Snipping tool, grey overlay results

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool, grey overlay results: Hi there, I'm having problem with Snipping tool, it's producing snipping result with grey overlay.My system is Win11 Enterprise.ThanksGary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-grey-overlay-results/c0a08d1b-916b-4361-a3a7-f43745b8652b
  3. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.: Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results screen. This occurs whenever I simply press the windows key and type whatever. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all- as it...
  4. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.: Hi. For some reason, my Windows 10 when using a search box on the start menu would keep on showing this weird grey square that covers up the results screen. This occurs whenever I simply press the windows key and type whatever. Sometimes it doesn't happen at all- as it...
  5. Windows 10 Search Bar appearing with a weird grey overlay on the results.

in Cortana
  6. Greys out when trying snipping tool...

in Windows 10 Support
    Greys out when trying snipping tool...: [Win10 Version 20H2 (OS Bild)19042.928; Lenovo Laptop; Outlook/Word 2016; Google Chrome...(is there more?)]. Hello, I'm trying to take a screenshot of the language preferences in my taskbar, but when I open it and bring out the snipping tool, it greys out. Is there a work...
  7. "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Screen snip" tool delay (*NOT* Snipping tool): How do I use the "Screen snip" tool with a delay? (As mentioned, I'm NOT referring to the 'Snipping tool'.) submitted by /u/opertinicy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4bh3n/screen_snip_tool_delay_not_snipping_tool/
  8. new snipping tool overlay issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    new snipping tool overlay issue: <p>winver 2004 OS build 19041.388 changed the way the snipping tool works with regards to the silly screen overlay.</p><p></p><p>The 2018 snippingtool.exe had an option to NOT show that blasted and extremely annoying screen overlay when the tool is active.</p><p></p><p>The...
  9. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  10. Grey overlay on the 90% of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Grey overlay on the 90% of the screen: Hey My computer screen suddenly got a grey filter over the working area. I can still see colours so it's not the windows, alt, c thing. It's like there is a fly screen or similar over the bottom 90% of the working area. Can anyone help please? Driving me insane. Thanks...