Windows 10: Snipping Tool no option to "Open With"

Discus and support Snipping Tool no option to "Open With" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was recently working with a user and they reported their snipping tool no longer has the "open with" function which would allow him to open from the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Tyler.Watson, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Snipping Tool no option to "Open With"

I was recently working with a user and they reported their snipping tool no longer has the "open with" function which would allow him to open from the snipping tool directly to paint without having to take extra steps. When checking mine I noticed I also don't have this function though I don't remember ever having it. After some research I found videos and images of other Windows 11 users with the option in place, however I can't seem to find any solutions or really any information about this issue. I also noticed that the snipping tool no longer opens the box immediately after taking a snip,

:)

Tyler.Watson, Sep 13, 2023

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Sep 13, 2023
  3. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Sep 13, 2023
  4. Snipping Tool no option to "Open With"

open with option not working on snipping tool

open with option not working on snipping tool says something went wrong. Please suggest how to fix this . Tried to
    -Restart the computer

-Repair option on the Snip app.

- Reset option on the Snip app.

Awaiting your advice.

Snipping Tool no option to "Open With" [​IMG]

colin clement, Sep 13, 2023
Thema:

Snipping Tool no option to "Open With"

1. Snipping Tool no option to "Open With" - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool option

2. Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool no option to autosave screenshot: My snipping tool screenshots are not saving, but when I googled it it said to turn on Save screenshots in the Snipping tool app - however, I don't have that option. What gives? It works on my desktop, but for my laptop, the only options are "auto copy to clipboard", then...
  3. Snipping Tool no option to "Open With"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool no option to "Open With": I was recently working with a user and they reported their snipping tool no longer has the "open with" function which would allow him to open from the snipping tool directly to paint without having to take extra steps. When checking mine I noticed I also don't have this...
  4. Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option: Snipping tool was great in Windows 10 which I had sitting on my toolbar for easy access. Why is there no equivalent in Windows 11? I don't want a SCREENSHOT. The Snipping Tool shortcut key of Windows+Shift+S disappears before I can get the SAVE option and ONLY SOMETIMES works...
  5. Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option: Snipping tool was great in Windows 10 which I had sitting on my toolbar for easy access. Why is there no equivalent in Windows 11? I don't want a SCREENSHOT. The Snipping Tool shortcut key of Windows+Shift+S disappears before I can get the SAVE option and ONLY SOMETIMES works...
  6. Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip: I used to have Windows 10 and after I snipped something, the box would automatically pop up on my screen with what I snipped. Now I have Windows 11 and after I snip something, its there but I have to go to the taskbar and click on it to open it and see my snipped item. Is...
  7. Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip: I used to have Windows 10 and after I snipped something, the box would automatically pop up on my screen with what I snipped. Now I have Windows 11 and after I snip something, its there but I have to go to the taskbar and click on it to open it and see my snipped item. Is...
  8. open with option not working on snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open with option not working on snipping tool: open with option not working on snipping tool says something went wrong. Please suggest how to fix this . Tried to -Restart the computer-Repair option on the Snip app.- Reset option on the Snip app.Awaiting your advice....
  9. open with option not working on snipping tool

open with option not working on snipping tool: open with option not working on snipping tool says something went wrong. Please suggest how to fix this . Tried to -Restart the computer-Repair option on the Snip app.- Reset option on the Snip app.Awaiting your advice....
  10. Snipping tool option not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool option not working properly: Snipping tool option is neither giving option to save the snip nor saving on it's own in pictures folder nor copying to clipnoard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-option-not-working-properly/d5bb9129-634e-46f9-a431-f126af806c4f