Windows 10: Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

Discus and support Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I used to have Windows 10 and after I snipped something, the box would automatically pop up on my screen with what I snipped. Now I have Windows 11 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Msn_user99, Mar 13, 2023.

1. Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

I used to have Windows 10 and after I snipped something, the box would automatically pop up on my screen with what I snipped. Now I have Windows 11 and after I snip something, its there but I have to go to the taskbar and click on it to open it and see my snipped item. Is there a way to go back to the old way? I tried everything in settings and uninstalled and reinstalled the app.

:)

Msn_user99, Mar 13, 2023

2. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 13, 2023
  3. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Mar 13, 2023
  4. Don Bacon Win User

Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

Snipping Tool

That fact is that the "snip" is not always "automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window". The Snipping Tool window is no where to be found, the only way I can get a copy of the snip is to open a blank Word document and "paste" it to the blank document
    and then "print" it.

Don Bacon, Mar 13, 2023
Thema:

Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

1. Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip - Similar Threads - Snipping tool opening

2. Snipping tool keeps opening automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool keeps opening automatically: Recently something weird is happening to my laptop.The snipping tool keeps opening automatically.I know the print screen button is a shortcut to the snipping tool app but i have checked my print screen button is working fine.The temporary solution is to disable print screen...
  3. Snipping tool keeps opening automatically

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool keeps opening automatically: Recently something weird is happening to my laptop.The snipping tool keeps opening automatically.I know the print screen button is a shortcut to the snipping tool app but i have checked my print screen button is working fine.The temporary solution is to disable print screen...
  4. Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not opening automatically after snip: I used to have Windows 10 and after I snipped something, the box would automatically pop up on my screen with what I snipped. Now I have Windows 11 and after I snip something, its there but I have to go to the taskbar and click on it to open it and see my snipped item. Is...
  5. snipping tool opening after disable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool opening after disable: Hi there i disabled snipping tool from settings,group policy editior,registry it still opens how do i disable it Print screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-opening-after-disable/aec7f5d3-3637-40ba-b132-154fbdcf3ee3
  6. snipping tool opening after disable

snipping tool opening after disable: Hi there i disabled snipping tool from settings,group policy editior,registry it still opens how do i disable it Print screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-opening-after-disable/aec7f5d3-3637-40ba-b132-154fbdcf3ee3
  7. Snipping tool opens different tab after snipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool opens different tab after snipping: I've been finding that whenever I take a snipping of something, a different tab on my laptop will open. For instance, if I take a snipping of something on Chrome, my laptop will automatically switch tabs to OneNote sometimes to my mail app as well. I'm guessing it's a new...
  8. Snipping tool opens different tab after snipping

Snipping tool opens different tab after snipping: I've been finding that whenever I take a snipping of something, a different tab on my laptop will open. For instance, if I take a snipping of something on Chrome, my laptop will automatically switch tabs to OneNote sometimes to my mail app as well. I'm guessing it's a new...
  9. snipping tool not copying automatically

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    snipping tool not copying automatically: Hi, I ran into a weird issue with the snipping function (win+shift+s). Previously, it was working great. I can use it to snip anything from my screen, and it would be copied automatically. But I reinstalled my system recently, and the snipping tool stopped copying. I have to...
  10. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....