Windows 10: Snipping tool not using default mail client

Discus and support Snipping tool not using default mail client in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, On my Win 10 laptop, when I use snipping tool and try to send the file to someone with email via snipping tool's built in -file-send to-email... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by GokturkDemir, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Snipping tool not using default mail client

Hi,

On my Win 10 laptop, when I use snipping tool and try to send the file to someone with email via snipping tool's built in -file-send to-email recipient option, snipping tool tries to send it through outlook 2016 even though my default mail app is set as "Mail" app. What can I do about this? I don't want snipping tool to use outlook. I want it to use Mail app which is already set as the default app on system settings.

Thanks.

:)

GokturkDemir, Oct 16, 2018

2. Unable to mail the snipped clip from Snipping tool option on Windows 10.

Hello Jensheahan,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We regret the inconvenience caused and will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Which mail application are you using on the computer?
    • Which is the default mail application set on the computer?
    • Is any mail client installed on the computer other than Mail app?

You will be able to select the mail application to send using Snipping tool by setting a default mail application on the computer.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if you are able to mail the snipped clip.

• Press Windows logo key on the keyboard, type Windows Live Mail and select the top most search result.
    • From the dialog box select the application to set as default and follow the on-screen instructions.
    • Open snipping tool, snip a clip and check if you are able to mail the clip using
      Windows Live Mail.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of the issue on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 16, 2018
  3. Siriously Win User
    Unable to mail the snipped clip from Snipping tool option on Windows 10.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. According to the April 27 response from
    Ramesh Srinivasan
    the Microsoft Snip Tool doesn't work with the Microsoft Windows 10 Mail app... a least I didn't pay real $$ for the upgrade to W10, I'm just paying in other ways. No wonder we need to buy someone elses
    stuff to make MSFT stuff work.

Siriously, Oct 16, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

Snipping tool not using default mail client

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Oct 16, 2018
Thema:

Snipping tool not using default mail client

1. Snipping tool not using default mail client - Similar Threads - Snipping tool using

2. the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...: The setting in the snip program don't offer change to the default save as file type.Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-snip-tool-used-to-default-to-save-as-jpg-it/0f5b17f1-6459-4be1-a927-e5ef1253e9ac
  3. the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    the snip tool used to default to save as .jpg. It recently began defaulting to save as...: The setting in the snip program don't offer change to the default save as file type.Please Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-snip-tool-used-to-default-to-save-as-jpg-it/0f5b17f1-6459-4be1-a927-e5ef1253e9ac
  4. Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill...: I've been finding a number of postings for this problem, enough to make me feel the issue is more wide-spread than one might have thought.Client uses a management application to track billable time and to send invoices to clients. Often no, not always, when she tried to send...
  5. Either there is no default mail client

Either there is no default mail client: Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail client....
  6. Default mail client warning

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Default mail client warning: I keep getting the warning below, although I have Outlook as the default mail client. How can I stop getting this warning. Thank you in advance for your help. [img] 153835
  7. Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”

Setting default shape with “Snipping Tool”: Im just changing over from Windows 7 to Windows 10. One of my favorite Apps is the Snipping Tool. Is there a way to set your preferred (default) shape / Mode in Windows 10? Seems like a few extra unnecessary clicks for a basic operation. Thank you!...
  8. Outlook Default Mail Client

Outlook Default Mail Client: Following earlier instructions (using windows 10) I set outlook as my default e-mail client for in both Outlook and my registry. When I use my scanner (Brother MFC-J4420DW printer) to scan to E-Mail I get the message: "Either there is no default mail client or the current...
  9. Use mail app as default mail client

Use mail app as default mail client: Hi I would like to use the Windows 10 built in email client and make it available in the "send to" menu. Now i have read that this is not possible but i dont understand why it would be a selection for default e-mail...
  10. How to make snipping tool default to new snip

How to make snipping tool default to new snip: Hello, Just upgraded to Win 10 from Win 7. I am trying to like it *Smile. One of the annoyances I've found so far is the snipping tool. When on Win 7, when I did my shortcut keys to open it, it would automatically go into snipping mode so I could just move my mouse to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default email for snipping tool

2. Unable to email from Snipping tool

3. snipping tool default email

4. snipping tool email default,
  5. snipping tool choose program to email,
  6. snipping tool says no email installed,
  7. how to change deafult email client for snippiung tool,
  8. snipping tool change email,
  9. w10 snip tool app defaults to w10 mailapp,
  10. windows snip default email,
  11. snipping tool default mail windows 10,