Windows 10: Snipping tool option not working properly

Discus and support Snipping tool option not working properly in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Snipping tool option is neither giving option to save the snip nor saving on it's own in pictures folder nor copying to clipnoard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ankita Dargad, Sep 14, 2022.

1. Snipping tool option not working properly

Snipping tool option is neither giving option to save the snip nor saving on it's own in pictures folder nor copying to clipnoard

:)

Ankita Dargad, Sep 14, 2022

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Sep 14, 2022
  3. DSlater Win User
    Snipping tool not working

I'm trying to use the Snipping Tool (Windows+Shift+S) but when it opens up to let me select which part of the screen to select, it blanks out the entire screen so that there is nothing to select. I'm not sure when this stopped working since I do not use it very often. I'm using:

• Edition Windows 11 Pro
    • Version 21H2
    • Installed on ‎11/‎6/‎2021
    • OS build 22000.613
    • Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.613.0
    • The Snipping Tool shows version 11.2201.12.0
    Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

DSlater, Sep 14, 2022
  4. Snipping tool option not working properly

Snip tool not working properly issue

That could very well be an issue for the snip tool application to fix. But, there are potential other possibilities.

However, research shows there has been issues involving multi and 3 monitor setups in the past. If you had it working on Windows 10 then that suggests a random combination of setting possibilities which causes it that possibly no one can guess (or a new issue with it involving Windows 11) and thus may require the snip tool programmers to test and fix it.

Being a programmer, I would suggest if there's no suggestion from the devs on how to workaround or fix it then you may have to only use two monitors until someday when you test it or see a fix being released for something that fixes it. There are preview updates pending for Windows 11 release right now but I can't remember in the snip tool has anything in there.

You could of course dual boot or return back to Windows 10 and if it still works then stay there for a while. It is a valid way to solve it. Windows 10 is supported for another 3-4 years.

--dashdotdot, Sep 14, 2022
Thema:

Snipping tool option not working properly

1. Snipping tool option not working properly - Similar Threads - Snipping tool option

2. Snipping tool does not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool does not work properly: Win11When it is set on full page, it NEVER captures the full page.How do I fix it OR revert to Win 10?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-does-not-work-properly/a6b8ec3b-5704-464d-9981-53f3bd3f923a
  3. Snipping tool does not work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping tool does not work properly: Win11When it is set on full page, it NEVER captures the full page.How do I fix it OR revert to Win 10?Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-does-not-work-properly/a6b8ec3b-5704-464d-9981-53f3bd3f923a
  4. Snipping tool not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not working properly: So, whenever I try to use snipping tool, no matter how many times or different way I did it, the only image saved is https://imgur.com/a/9qSkgp2I tried some fixes and reinstalling, but nothing works.I also noticed that this appeared around a month ago, when I installed WMR...
  5. Snipping tool not working properly

Snipping tool not working properly: So, whenever I try to use snipping tool, no matter how many times or different way I did it, the only image saved is https://imgur.com/a/9qSkgp2I tried some fixes and reinstalling, but nothing works.I also noticed that this appeared around a month ago, when I installed WMR...
  6. open with option not working on snipping tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    open with option not working on snipping tool: open with option not working on snipping tool says something went wrong. Please suggest how to fix this . Tried to -Restart the computer-Repair option on the Snip app.- Reset option on the Snip app.Awaiting your advice....
  7. open with option not working on snipping tool

open with option not working on snipping tool: open with option not working on snipping tool says something went wrong. Please suggest how to fix this . Tried to -Restart the computer-Repair option on the Snip app.- Reset option on the Snip app.Awaiting your advice....
  8. Snipping tool option not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool option not working properly: Snipping tool option is neither giving option to save the snip nor saving on it's own in pictures folder nor copying to clipnoard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-option-not-working-properly/d5bb9129-634e-46f9-a431-f126af806c4f
  9. Snip tool not working properly issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip tool not working properly issue: Good day. I've recently upgraded to windows 11 and everything is working correctly except for the Snip & Sketch app, the snipping tool. Whenever I use the shortcut to take a rectangle snip, I run the issue of the whole screens not being highlighted, but just a chunk of them.I...
  10. Snip tool not working properly issue

Snip tool not working properly issue: Good day. I've recently upgraded to windows 11 and everything is working correctly except for the Snip & Sketch app, the snipping tool. Whenever I use the shortcut to take a rectangle snip, I run the issue of the whole screens not being highlighted, but just a chunk of them.I...