Windows 10: Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal

Discus and support Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Constantly quitting, makes my game incredibly laggy and cuts the recording short!!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by stanley-lloyd harvey1, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal

Constantly quitting, makes my game incredibly laggy and cuts the recording short!!

:)

stanley-lloyd harvey1, Jan 6, 2024

2. Snipping Tool is missing from Windows 10

If you click on the Windows Start logo (bottom left on the screen) you will get a list come up.

Scroll down to 'Windows Accessories' click on the drop down listing (v).

You should find 'Snipping Tool' between 'Remote Desktop Connection' and 'Steps Recorder'.

Allan40ALT, Jan 6, 2024
  3. snipping tool

Please try this:

Step 1:

Click Start, and type Snipping Tool.

Right-click Snipping Tool from the search results, and click App Settings

Click Reset,

Click Repair.

Note: In Windows 11, there is no Snip and Sketch. It comes pre-installed with the new Snipping Tool (which replaces the old Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch apps)

Step 2:

Turn off Focus assist if it's enabled

Step 3:

Open Services.msc and make sure that the following services are set to "Automatic" and running:

• Windows Push Notifications System Service
    • Windows Push Notifications User Service

Ramesh Srinivasan, Jan 6, 2024
  4. Wall-Spot Win User

Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal

Snipping tool does not have recorder

I got new laptop, it is Windows11 and looked for screen recorder. As many free software work but comes with watermark.

So I looked recorder for Windows11. According to Microsoft post here Snipping Tool and Xbox Game Box will do for free.

But for me there is no recorder in Snipping Tool. I even looked for updates, possible I got older version but the app store has nothing mentioned about the recorder in Snipping Tool.

Finally I got Edge Extension for the same. I think it is not good practice for using many software for same task. Recording screen should be included in Snipping Tool.

Or I am making any mistake?

Wall-Spot, Jan 6, 2024
Thema:

Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal

1. Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool screen

2. Unable to record screen using Snipping Tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to record screen using Snipping Tool.: When attempting to start a screen recording using the Snipping Tool, the recording process halts abruptly. An error message is displayed, stating: "Recording stopped. Something happened and we have stopped recording." ImageThis issue occurs every time I try to initiate a...
  3. Unable to record screen using Snipping Tool.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to record screen using Snipping Tool.: When attempting to start a screen recording using the Snipping Tool, the recording process halts abruptly. An error message is displayed, stating: "Recording stopped. Something happened and we have stopped recording." ImageThis issue occurs every time I try to initiate a...
  4. Can't screen record with snipping tool.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't screen record with snipping tool.: When I try to screen record with the snipping tool, it loads for a couple of seconds and then denies me. Any suggestions?-Cameryn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-screen-record-with-snipping-tool/8d29ce79-c244-4c0d-b86d-4b19b69f2f8f
  5. Can't screen record with snipping tool.

Can't screen record with snipping tool.: When I try to screen record with the snipping tool, it loads for a couple of seconds and then denies me. Any suggestions?-Cameryn https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-screen-record-with-snipping-tool/8d29ce79-c244-4c0d-b86d-4b19b69f2f8f
  6. Snipping Tool Video Recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  7. Snipping Tool Video Recording

Snipping Tool Video Recording: Hi I was recording using the snipping tool. For some reason, there is half audio and half no audio in the recording when finished. Can I recover the half part of audio?...
  8. Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal

Snipping Tool screen recorder is abysmal: Constantly quitting, makes my game incredibly laggy and cuts the recording short!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-screen-recorder-is-abysmal/4b9cd25d-6228-49c8-ae2e-fe3f2d0af350
  9. Snipping tool not recording.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...
  10. Snipping tool not recording.

Snipping tool not recording.: I'm on the latest version of Windows and so is my "Snipping tool" app. However, I can't use it for recording my screen and it keeps giving me an error message: "Recording stopped Something happened, and we've stopped recording. Wait a bit, then try again. If this continues,...