Windows 10: Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform...

Discus and support Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. I am using outlook 365 desktop app. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PatrickBaker5, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform...

Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.

I am using outlook 365 desktop app. It is selected as the default email program. This happened once previously and I resolved by setting the default app to outlook. This time I checked default apps and it was back to Windows mail. I changed default program to Outlook aflgain, but I still get the same error. There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.

Moved from [Microsoft 365 and Office / Outlook / Windows 10 / Microsoft 365 Apps or Office 365 Business]

:)

PatrickBaker5, Apr 2, 2021
  2. RoPatel Win User

Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform the requested action.

Received the following error while attempting to send a snip via email inside the Snipping Tool App:

There is no email program associated to perform the requested action. Please install an email program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Defaults Programs control panel.

I did as requested to no avail.

How do I fix this?? Thanks.

Operating Windows 10 Home new install - Version 1511 Build 10586.545 & Microsoft Mail App.

Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform... 004ecef1-67fd-4cd0-8e8b-d1ac779683d4.jpg

Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform... 335f49ff-969f-4b24-8428-c641c370f659.jpg

Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform... 5ed64849-16e7-4996-9d52-d61b65fdf927.jpg

RoPatel, Apr 2, 2021
  3. RoPatel Win User

Thanks for the quick reply.

1. Not sure what the difference between the two apps, however, I am using the native Windows 10 app

2. No other issues with mail app ie. adding Gmail, etc. In addition no issues with any apps, live tiles, loading/exiting, or notifications.. In addition, no issues with snipping tool except this issue - this is why i added the registry key - maybe a link
    is missing

3. Yes, did a clean install, loaded new drivers eg. Intel chipset, Intel SRT, Touchpad, Audio, etc. Then added new apps & software eg, Chrome, WhatsApp, Codecs for WMP. Some registry changes eg, deleted Quick Access folder, WMP 64 Bit instead of 32 bit,.

I did as you suggested....again...to no avail. I attached above the Set Program Association to confirm that it is actually be set.

This is exactly what I am doing - Snipping tool, New, Draw, Email button, Warning Message, Error Message.

Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform... 3ce0d81a-8924-4038-af67-d7328a39e383.jpg

I added the registry key in 1st message thinking that the association is missing...maybe with snipping tool?? What do you think??

RoPatel, Apr 2, 2021
  4. Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform...

Snippet Tool will snip but snip doesn't show up in a test email

Hi Phillip,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I would like to inform you that Snipping tool is a desktop app and not a Windows Store app.

All the Windows Store apps will be listed in All apps list and not desktop app.

Regarding the sending attachment emails of snipped imaged, follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Open Snipping tool.

2. Then click on New button and then imaged will be shown in the snipping tool.

3. After that click on File button on the top left side of the app and click on
    Send to.

4. Click on Email Recipient.

Please get back to us with an update on using snipping tool, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Apr 2, 2021
Thema:

Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform...

1. Snipping Tool - Send Snip - Gives Error - There is no email program associated to perform... - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool Send

2. Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option: Snipping tool was great in Windows 10 which I had sitting on my toolbar for easy access. Why is there no equivalent in Windows 11? I don't want a SCREENSHOT. The Snipping Tool shortcut key of Windows+Shift+S disappears before I can get the SAVE option and ONLY SOMETIMES works...
  3. Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool not giving SAVE AS option: Snipping tool was great in Windows 10 which I had sitting on my toolbar for easy access. Why is there no equivalent in Windows 11? I don't want a SCREENSHOT. The Snipping Tool shortcut key of Windows+Shift+S disappears before I can get the SAVE option and ONLY SOMETIMES works...
  4. Snipping tool crashing on snip

Snipping tool crashing on snip: Hi Team, see subject, snipping tol is crashing when creating snips. Sometimes it works when right clicking and making a snip but most of the time it just crashes. HAve tried resetting and also repairing the app.using a Windows 11 Home install on an intel i3 computer.here is...
  5. Snipping Tool Not Sending Snips

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool Not Sending Snips: Hello, Whenever I try to send a snip as either an attachment or in the body of an email, I receive the error "Either there is no default mail client or the current mail client cannot fulfill the messaging request. Please run Microsoft Outlook and set it as the default mail...
  6. SNIP SNIP TOOL

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SNIP SNIP TOOL: Does anyone know where my screen snips are saved? I can't find it in files. I really don't know where they go Like I can't screenshot using Windows+prt sc while my laptop is in 360 degrees. It is bothersome....
  7. snipping tool error

in Windows 10 Customization
    snipping tool error: cant past the snippet page in an email https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-error/3373fd14-14a1-40f6-bb05-947a70686544
  8. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch: Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office to supplement the...
  9. Snipping Tool won't email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't email: New laptop with Windows 10, running Microsoft Outlook 2010. I'm using snipping tool but cannot get direct 'mail to', to work. I can save and then mail but time wasting! Outlook is my mail server. Any ideas? Thanks....
  10. Snip Tool email

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip Tool email: How can I email a snip? When I try it tells me I have to setup an email program. I use Chrome and it is setup in my computer but the snip tool does not recognize it...