Windows 10: Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Discus and support Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LarsSchönfeld, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Hello everyone.

As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically the shortcut itself works, but not the tool itself. So everytime I cut the window of the thing I want a screenshot of, I'm instandly back to normal (the overlay disappears), without a screenshot. The actual snipping tool application works completely fine, but it's a pain to use this one and open it up for every shot I do, over and over. It seems they're different tools, even though they basically look the same. Why the shortcut version doesn't work is a mystery to me though...

If someone has an idea how to fix that or had a similar problem and had it fixed I'd be very greatful, because it would save me a lot of time and trouble to just use the shortcut.

:)

LarsSchönfeld, Mar 12, 2019
  2. belst Win User

Disable Snipping tool shortcut

Hello,

I am currently trying to assign a few shortcuts to a program, but I cannot assign for example Win+Shift+S for example because it is already assigned to the snipping tool.

I enabled the prevent snipping tool option in the group policy but now I still cannot assign the shortcut to another program, because I just get an error which says it cannot start snipping tool because of a group policy (duh).

Why is there no obvious way to simply REMOVE the shortcut assignment instead of preventing the program from running in the first place.

belst, Mar 12, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

Hi Daniel, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If your Snipping Tool isn't working correctly, you could try resetting it. Here are the steps to do so:

- Click Start and type "apps & features".

- Select Apps & Features.

- Find the Snipping Tool (or Snip & Sketch) in the list and select it.

- Click Advanced Options

- Click Reset.

After you've done this, try rebooting and using the Snipping Tool again.

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Mar 12, 2019
  4. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

1. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s) - Similar Threads - Snipping tool shortcut

2. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  3. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update: Hi everyone, I'm facing a challenging issue where my Win+Shift+S screenshot shortcut and the Snipping Tool/Snip & Sketch have completely stopped working following a recent Windows update. Despite extensive troubleshooting, the problem persists, and I'm hoping someone here...
  4. Win+Shift+S Shortcut and Snipping Tool Not Working After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why does the win+shift+s shortcut no longer activate the snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the win+shift+s shortcut no longer activate the snipping tool?: Up until March 2020 I was blissfully able to create friendly user documentation using the windows snipping tool with a win+shift+s shortcut to add helpful workflow visuals for my user documentation. It has stopped working although I can still open the snipping tool...
  6. Why does the win+shift+s shortcut no longer activate the snipping tool?

Why does the win+shift+s shortcut no longer activate the snipping tool?: Up until March 2020 I was blissfully able to create friendly user documentation using the windows snipping tool with a win+shift+s shortcut to add helpful workflow visuals for my user documentation. It has stopped working although I can still open the snipping tool...
  7. Why does the win+shift+s shortcut no longer activate the snipping tool?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?: When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the...
  9. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?: Hi, I would like to know how to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool, which is performed by pressing the windows key + Shift + S. Note: I'm not looking to disable all hotkeys, but only the one I mentioned. 128305
  10. Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.: I have noticed that on 2 out of 3 computers with Windows 10, when using the snipping function that the cross will come up and the the area selected will show where I create the clipping but will not save the selected area. I have used it with another computer and have...