Windows 10: Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens

Discus and support Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Logs: Faulting application name: SnippingTool.exe, version: 10.0.18272.1000, time stamp: 0x2975e6e6 Faulting module name: tccexplorer.dll, version:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JordanThren, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens

Logs:

Faulting application name: SnippingTool.exe, version: 10.0.18272.1000, time stamp: 0x2975e6e6
    Faulting module name: tccexplorer.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4c493eca
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000019d2ae
    Faulting process id: 0x24f4
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4753a2ec31405
    Faulting application path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SnippingTool.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\TCC Explorer\tccexplorer.dll
    Report Id: fe06c45f-3bf3-4379-9aa3-6ce831394751
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

Faulting application name: PickerHost.exe, version: 10.0.18272.1000, time stamp: 0x8b8fd0cd
    Faulting module name: tccexplorer.dll, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x4c493eca
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x000000000019d2ae
    Faulting process id: 0x3138
    Faulting application start time: 0x01d4753ad6ea8c1d
    Faulting application path: C:\Windows\System32\PickerHost.exe
    Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\TCC Explorer\tccexplorer.dll
    Report Id: 6d414d56-476d-43db-afe6-203c7ddfe4a1
    Faulting package full name:
    Faulting package-relative application ID:

:)

JordanThren, Nov 5, 2018

2. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Nov 5, 2018
  3. R vd Berg Win User
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

Thanks for your answer Robert,

I have two laptops both upgraded to windows 10 latest version (1809) since yesterday. One laptop saves the image and the alterations made to it, as that is where the Snip and Sketch app is designed for. Much more possibilities than the old "snipping tool".

I don't know anything about Ink Workspace, I think the S&S app should work correctly on both laptops without me having to jump through all kind of hoops to make something like it work.

It is great on the laptop where it does do what it is supposed to do. Therefore I would like it to work on both laptops.

Regards

R vd Berg, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens

Ahhzz, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens

1. Snipping tool + Snip & Sketch crash every time Save As window opens - Similar Threads - Snipping tool Snip

2. Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Photos, Snip and Sketch Tool Not Saving: I first received an error message when trying to save a cropped image from Photos that prompted I did not have permission to save changes to this type of file. The prompt suggests making a copy, which does not work either.Today I tried using the snip and sketch tool to show...
  3. Snip & Sketch vs Snipping Tool Lag

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Snip & Sketch vs Snipping Tool Lag: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Accomplished_Ease_54 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/juubf7/snip_sketch_vs_snipping_tool_lag/
  4. Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool vs Snip and Sketch: I've never had issue with Snipping Tool- Did we fix something that wasn't broke? I did a S&Sketch of an important screen...have not found the screen shot yet. Where would it be?...
  5. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch Resolutions: Hi Guys, My device information: [img] Do you Guys know how to go about increasing the resolution of images taken using the Snipping Tool and / or the Snip & Sketch tool? The default resolution setting for both app is way too low (at 96DPI only) The image below shows the...
  6. I need Snip & Sketch to open a "save as" window like the Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need Snip & Sketch to open a "save as" window like the Snipping Tool: I need the ability to quickly annotate on screen snips for conceptual architectural drawings. I have been using the snipping tool pinned to my taskbar at the bottom. Recently I discovered Snip & Sketch by hitting the print screen button on my laptop. My Issue: I don't want...
  7. Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch

Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch: Since users have been asking since 2011, or so, about the inability of Snipping Tool and Snip & Sketch to capture single images longer or wider than the viewable area of the screen, are there any plans to add this capability? I use Snagit at the office to supplement the...
  8. Snip & Sketch Tool

Snip & Sketch Tool: The new Windows Snip & Sketch tool seems too be just a nicer looking Snipping Tool, which I welcome nicely, but I do not see any significant change. The only was to annotate clearly is by using a pen device. Maybe ok if your device is portable, but useless when collaborating...
  9. New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Customization
    New snipping tool. Snip & Sketch: I have tried using the new snipping tool that is replacing the existing on. If I don't click on the pop up that appears asap, once is dissapears so does the image. I have been undable to find any of the images I have snipped. I tried searching using key words but to no...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. snipping tool download

2. snip and sketch closes immediately

3. snip and sketch opens and closes

4. snip and sketch,
  5. snip and sketch opens and closes immediately,
  6. snip and sketch crashing on launch,
  7. snip and sketch opens then closes,
  8. snip & sketch crashing,
  9. faulting module name: windows.ui.xaml.dll snip and skitch,
  10. windows 10 snip and sketch opens then closes,
  11. snip and sketch crashes,