Windows 10: Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters

Discus and support Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; After I use Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S to capture a photo, it works fine when the file name are totally english characters. But, as the file name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by yy469312306, Feb 27, 2023.

1. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters

After I use Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S to capture a photo, it works fine when the file name are totally english characters. But, as the file name contains chinese characters, Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S either cannot save the file, nor crash. Anyone have any idea about how to fix this problem? Or any suggestions about why it crash?

:)

yy469312306, Feb 27, 2023
  2. LaraRP Win User

Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files

Hi,

I'm a translator and get sent a lot of files containing Chinese characters in the file name. If these files are sent to me in a zip folder, the file names get all messed up, e.g. "╩╘╥δ─┌╚▌--┼⌐╙ε└½.doc", after unzipping. Is there some way to stop this from
    happening? Do I need to update the language settings on my device perhaps?

In addition, I cannot seem to zip files that contain Chinese characters. Again, given my job this is quite frustrating as I have to use a service like WeTransfer instead of simply zipping files to email to clients. Is this something I can fix?

Many thanks!

LaraRP, Feb 27, 2023
  3. DougDev Win User
    Chinese characters in Defender Scan results files

In all three directories under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Results

\Quick

\Resource

\System

All of the text files contain only Chinese Characters.

They only date back about 4 days.

Each file is named with a GUID and is 10-15K in size. 'Properties' on the files shows the 'type of file' as 'file'.

When I open any of them in notepad it is made up entirely of Chinese characters.

Does this suggest a security problem?

DougDev, Feb 27, 2023
  4. Brink Win User

Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters

Brink, Feb 27, 2023
Thema:

Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters

1. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool Shift

2. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters: After I use Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S to capture a photo, it works fine when the file name are totally english characters. But, as the file name contains chinese characters, Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S either cannot save the file, nor crash. Anyone have any idea about...
  3. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S crashed when the file name contains chinese characters: After I use Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S to capture a photo, it works fine when the file name are totally english characters. But, as the file name contains chinese characters, Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S either cannot save the file, nor crash. Anyone have any idea about...
  4. snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder: its hard to save multiple screenshots from clipboard win+vplease make an option to automate this process to desired or dedicated folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-save-automatically-to/56387cac-d384-4374-b268-d7d9fa5a0603
  5. Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...: Hi all! Like many people right now, I'm working remotely via Remote Desktop. Everything has been wonderful and smooth for a long time while using Win10 1607 LTSB (which pre-dates the new Sketch & Snip screen capture tool). I got a new machine this week with Win10 1909 on it....
  6. Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files: Hi, I'm a translator and get sent a lot of files containing Chinese characters in the file name. If these files are sent to me in a zip folder, the file names get all messed up, e.g. "δ--⌐ε½.doc", after unzipping. Is there some way to stop this from happening? Do I need to...
  7. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?: When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the...
  8. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s): Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically...
  9. How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool (Win + Shift + S)?: Hi, I would like to know how to disable the hotkey for the snipping tool, which is performed by pressing the windows key + Shift + S. Note: I'm not looking to disable all hotkeys, but only the one I mentioned. 128305
  10. Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.: I have noticed that on 2 out of 3 computers with Windows 10, when using the snipping function that the cross will come up and the the area selected will show where I create the clipping but will not save the selected area. I have used it with another computer and have...