Windows 10: Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

Discus and support Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard? I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NeilLindberg, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

When I took a screenshot, Windows told me I wanted to try: WIN + Shift + S

So, I did. But, where is this screenshot other than the clipboard?

I can paste directly into OneNote, or whatever image program, but I don't want that. I want a timestamped screenshot or the "Shortcut" is not for what I need to do.

Is there a fourth button in the combo to actually save the screenshot? This is so weird to me. Not an improvement. Would be an improvement IF it were saved automatically. Is there really not a folder somewhere that these shots are stored automatically?

:)

NeilLindberg, Sep 23, 2019
  2. Marco Gav Win User

How do I save snip screenshots as .JPG?

Hi,

You can save a screenshot directly as a .jpeg file in the Snipping tool. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press File.

• Select Save As....

• Choose a File name.

• Select the drop-down besides Save as type.

• Select JPEG file.

• Press Save.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Sep 23, 2019
  3. Graeme.P Win User
    Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

Hi Daniel, I'm Graeme, an independent adviser here to help.

If your Snipping Tool isn't working correctly, you could try resetting it. Here are the steps to do so:

- Click Start and type "apps & features".

- Select Apps & Features.

- Find the Snipping Tool (or Snip & Sketch) in the list and select it.

- Click Advanced Options

- Click Reset.

After you've done this, try rebooting and using the Snipping Tool again.

Please let me know if you need further support! Thanks!

Graeme.P, Sep 23, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

Problem With Snipping Tool & Desktop

No, that is not true.

Snipping Tool does not even have a "Save" button or menu option, both the button (diskette icon) and menu option are "Save As". However you save, selecting the button from the File menu, you can save the screenshots wherever you want to.

The Pictures folder is just the default folder shown as a suggestion when you save but the file will not be automatically saved there. Selecting any other folder, like for instance Desktop, will then become the new default suggested location; Snipping Tool remembers this and next time you save a screenshot it will be saved in this new location if no other location is selected.

Short: It is absolutely not true that Snipping Tool automatically saves in Pictures folder.

Thema:

Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location?

1. Snipping Tool (WIN + Shift + S): Screenshot save location? - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool Shift

2. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  3. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?: Update to Locked threadSnipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location?answered by @PCR Just PCRMy path is different When Saving ScreenshotsUsing Win + Shift + sThe Temp Folder Path for me isPath...
  4. Snipping Tool WIN + Shift + S: Screenshot save location W10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder: its hard to save multiple screenshots from clipboard win+vplease make an option to automate this process to desired or dedicated folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-save-automatically-to/56387cac-d384-4374-b268-d7d9fa5a0603
  6. snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder

snipping tool win + shift + s save automatically to custom folder: its hard to save multiple screenshots from clipboard win+vplease make an option to automate this process to desired or dedicated folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snipping-tool-win-shift-s-save-automatically-to/56387cac-d384-4374-b268-d7d9fa5a0603
  7. Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + shift + s Screenshot tool freezes on editing: Hello, on my Lenovo Thinkpad E595 I have the problem. If I use Windows + shift + s to take a screenshot it freezes my whole pc when editing. What do I exactly mean? If I use these hotkeys to activate the screenshot tool. I mak the area I want to have in my screenshot....
  8. Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working: About a month ago I found out about this keystroke to take screenshots that would then be put on my clipboard so I could paste them easily and started using it all the time. Now whenever I try to screen shot it just stops for a second and then doesn't copy it to my clipboard....
  9. Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s)

Snipping tool shortcut (shift+win+s): Hello everyone. As mentioned I have a problem with the snipping tool shortcut. To be more precise: It generally seems to work and I get the overlay (white screen and I can cut. However after letting the mouse button go it just disappears and nothing happens. So basically...
  10. Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.

Snipping Tool Win+Shift+S not taking capture and saving.: I have noticed that on 2 out of 3 computers with Windows 10, when using the snipping function that the cross will come up and the the area selected will show where I create the clipping but will not save the selected area. I have used it with another computer and have...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cnrtl shift s where does it save

2. snipping tool save lfolder

3. saving path win10 snipping

4. where do snipping tool save to,
  5. where does windowskey shift s save to?,
  6. when we use shift windows s where does it save,
  7. snipping tool shortcut default save location,
  8. where does the snipping tool save,
  9. windows shift s where is the folder,
  10. where are snips saved,
  11. win shift s save location,