Windows 10: SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

Discus and support SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE! in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by marc rodgerdesiderio, Oct 11, 2020.

1. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

past few months and the snipping tool still can save. having to click then save as does nothing. clicking the save buttonfloppy disk button does nothing also. clicking close, then snipping tool asks if i want to save, then i click yes, but it only closes the program. i tried running powershell with the sfc /scannow, the DISM commands, and even add "PICTURES" AND "MY PICTURES" to my user's folder. are there other ways to resolve this?

:)

marc rodgerdesiderio, Oct 11, 2020

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, Oct 11, 2020
  3. Gizm0. Win User
    Snipping tool bug - does not save a snip 1st time

I have a Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)

1. Open a snipping tool

2. Click on a new snip (have a rectangular snip mode set)

3. Take a snip and press save (black floppy disk)

4. Choose a location, name a snip and press save

Current result: Snip will not be saved, only if you press save (black floppy disk) again and then press save - it will ask you whether you want to overwrite it - if you choose yes, only then the snippet will be created in a given location.

Expected result:

Snip will be saved in a current location directly after step 4.

Please, Microsoft, fix this bug, I am actually using your snipping tool for work, and this drives me crazy!

This bug is here for quite some time and it haven´t been fixed.

Apologies, if this is not a proper forum for bug report, but this is the only one I know.

Gizm0., Oct 11, 2020
  4. JohnOhope Win User

SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

snipping tool

You can.

Simply change the 'Save as type' selection when you save your snip.

The Snipping Tool remembers which type you used last and suggests this type for your next snip.

John

JohnOhope, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE!

1. SNIPPING TOOL WON'T SAVE! - Similar Threads - SNIPPING TOOL WON'T

2. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  3. Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Snipping Tool "Zooming in" when Snips are Saved: Help - I use the Windows 11 Snipping Tool on a daily basis. Today it started only saving a small portion of the upper left corner of any snip I take, not the entire snip. Example below of a snip I took of an entire flower and the saved snip result of only a portion of this...
  4. Snip Tool won't save directly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip Tool won't save directly: My snip tool won't save snips at all unless I manually go into the snip tool and save it from there. I'm running Windows 11.I have all of these enabled:Snipping tool notificationsUse the Print screen button to open screen snippingSave SnipsI've created a new user profile,...
  5. Snip Tool won't save directly

Snip Tool won't save directly: My snip tool won't save snips at all unless I manually go into the snip tool and save it from there. I'm running Windows 11.I have all of these enabled:Snipping tool notificationsUse the Print screen button to open screen snippingSave SnipsI've created a new user profile,...
  6. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  7. Snipping Tool won't save

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snipping Tool won't save: Hi Friends -The Snipping Tool won't save for me. It will open, it will let me snip whatever I need.It will also let me write on it or whatever but it won't save.I have already done the reset.Then I uninstalled and reinstalled.Still no saving. Help!...
  8. Snipping Tool won't save

9. Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to get Snip and Sketch tool to show the "Save as" window after snipping but it won't.: At work, whenever I do a Snip and Sketch capture (using the Win+Shift+S shortcut), it shows your snip with the option to save a copy or edit. When I use the same shortcut at home or another office desktop, the edit/save as window does not show up. How do I get to window show...
  10. Snipping Tool won't email

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Snipping Tool won't email: New laptop with Windows 10, running Microsoft Outlook 2010. I'm using snipping tool but cannot get direct 'mail to', to work. I can save and then mail but time wasting! Outlook is my mail server. Any ideas? Thanks....