Windows 10: Snipping Tool

Discus and support Snipping Tool in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have recently reinstalled windows. Before if I would use the hotkey "Windows-Shift-S" it would go white and let me drag and select an area and save... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Collin Cox, May 2, 2019.

1. Snipping Tool

I have recently reinstalled windows. Before if I would use the hotkey "Windows-Shift-S" it would go white and let me drag and select an area and save it to my clipboard. Now if I do it instead of it being white it is grey, and when i try to take a snip it takes a good 5-6 seconds to save to my clipboard and before it would instantly save with the old snipping tool. is there any way to go back to the old one?

:)

Collin Cox, May 2, 2019

2. snipping tool

Your post is unclear. Please post a step-by-step description of what you are doing, e.g. like so:

• Open the snipping tool
    • Click "New"
    • etc.

Frederik Long, May 2, 2019
  3. snipping tool

In Win10 type Snip into the search box in your primary monitor toolbar. Snipping Tool will show up at the top of the list.

Steve Paltridge, May 2, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Snipping Tool

Snipping Tool

Hello,

We acknowledge your query in using the Snipping Tool, but the names given to the screenshot that would be saved in the folder are by design. We suggest that you post it in the Feedback app, here's how to get to the Feedback app:

• Press the Start button.
    • Type feedback.
    • Click Windows Feedback.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

Regards.

David Haz, May 2, 2019
Thema:

Snipping Tool

1. Snipping Tool - Similar Threads - Snipping Tool

2. System Sounds keeps reverting to max volume after using Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    System Sounds keeps reverting to max volume after using Snipping Tool: Mostly the title. This just started happening today. Last update was like 4 days ago so this is super weird. Usually I keep "System Volume" at 5% because that shit is loud AF and really sharp. 5 years with no issues and now this happens. This wouldn't be a real issue if not...
  3. Snipping Tool Problems

Snipping Tool Problems: As of right now whenever I take a snip it saves to: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_cw5n1h2txyewy\TempState\ScreenClip I could not find any way to change it in the app. does anyone know how to? submitted by /u/xdGladiator [link]...
  4. Windows 10 screenshot tool snip&sketch not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screenshot tool snip&sketch not working: win+shift+s/print screen screenshot tool captures a blank png image. I tried reinstalling and clearing its data but nothing worked. I hope someone have a solution....
  5. Unable to use Snip and SketchSnipping tool in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use Snip and SketchSnipping tool in windows 10: If I open the tool and click a new snip, it is not taking a new screenshot. The items in the snipping tool are dim. And also if I press win+Shift+S the screensnipping thing is opening but it is not taking a screenshot and when I drag my mouse over the screen and release it,...
  6. Snip tool popping up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip tool popping up: Sometimes when I'm trying to play a game or something, the snip tool would appear at the top of the screen. It isn't the entire window, just a small bar at the top of the screen. When I try to recreate what I did, I can't get it to appear....
  7. Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?

Is there a way to snip a straight line using the snipping tool?: I'm trying to snip something that's shaped like a hexagon and it's pretty much impossible to keep a straight line with my mouse to snip it and still look good. I've searched all over and can't find an answer anywhere. I hope this is allowed here, I can remove it if it's not...
  8. Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting

Snipping tool freeform snip, background color when pasting: Ok, I'll try my best to explain this. I use the snipping tool almost daily for posting HW I'm a teacher. Generally it is snipping from a pdf file regular white pages to my OneNote notebook. My issue now is with the freeform snip. Sometimes I needed to use the freeform...
  9. Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable snipping tool or reassign printscreen button: How do I either disable the snipping tool or reassign the printscreen button so that I can use it for an application that is actually useful? I just got a new machine running windows 10 home....
  10. Snip & Sketch missing delay feature from Snipping Tool

Snip & Sketch missing delay feature from Snipping Tool: I use the Snipping Tool daily. I just upgraded my Windows 10 on my company's computer and when I opened the Snipping Tool I was told about Snip & Sketch. I was excited to see a new version of the tool. But, when I opened Snip & Sketch, one of the best features, Delay, does...